cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bid invitation for only one vendor's contact person

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When a purchaser is creating a bid he has to decide to which vendors he wants to invite to the bid.

If a vendor has more than one contact person and the buyer selects only one of them, this person will receive an invitation email but all the other contact persons of the vendor will be able to see the bid in their inbox and do offers.

Is that correct? I was expecting that only the contact person who receives the mail would be able to see the bid and manage it.

Thanks in advanced

Mar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mar,

I just wanted to correct previous replies that are erroneous.

You described the standard behavior:

- one contact is notified by email

- but all contacts linked to the same supplier can enter a Bid.

And I would even add one case:

In standard, same contact can create only one Bid, and change it if returned or allowed by the buyer

But several contacts from the same supplier can create separate bids (there is a warning telling you that one of your collegues already submitted a bid).

To allow any contact submit a bid instead of the notified one is interesting if this notified contact is on holidays for example.

So you might consider this feature as a bug, but some other customers are using it and are finding it really usefull.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cristophe,

Thanks for your message.

I understand that in some exceptional cases could be interesting that all the contact persons of the bidder can access to the bid to do the offer.

However, in our case, we don't want this option (all the contact persons can access to the bid) as a standard functionality.

Do you know, how can we customize the system in order that only the contact person selected by the purchaser can view and manage the bid?

Thanks in advanced,

Mar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mar,

There is no solution to customize it.

You would have to change the standard code.

In "Submit quote" transaction, during the Bid Invitation search, only the linked vendor ID is taken into account as "background" search criteria.

You would have to add a second partner for the contact itself. So only that contact could access the Bid Invitations.

Another solution is to use the BADI WorkList to filter Bid Invitations and Quotes that are not linked to your contact.

This avoids modifications of the standard code but this is less performant.

Rgds

Christophe

PS: please reward points for helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Christophe!!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mar,

We have implemented SRM 5.0 and have similar issue with our client also.

Can you please send me more details about how you are able to solve the problem at your end. Did you modify the standard code or implemented BADI.

Your reply will be much appreciated.

Vijay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please go through this ->

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/5a/4cc5376848616ae10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

Note 999678 - Can you invite multiple contacts to an auction

996708 - Suppliers have not received Auction invitations

809630 Customer field in bid invitation and bid - How does it work?

703328 Held bid invitations visible for bidder

628716 GTOP21 -- Change Request #15

634621 GTOP21 -- Search for Bid Invitations & Bids

520118 Bid invitations/contracts also generated for limit items

Note 519354 Sourcing: Several bid invitations possible via "Search"

Hope this will help.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Atul for replying,

But none of these notes apply to our case.

Thanks anyway,

Mar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mar,

you are correct. Only the contact persons selected in the bid inviation,

receive an email, see the bid inviation and are able to do offers.

Therefore, if a vendor has several contact persons, they all need to be included

into the bid inviation if the purchaser wants to inform them all.

Thanks,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

In my system, only one contact person receives the invitation email, but all the other conctact person of the vendor (not only the one who has received the email)are able to see the bid and do the offer (if anyone else has done it yet).

But from your answer it seems that only the person who has received the email would be able to see the bid and do offers.

Could you please confirm it?

Thanks once again

Mar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mar,

it depends on the type of bid invitation: restricted or open.

In restricted bid invitation only the invited bidders are able to see and do offers,

like described.

Thanks,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again Claudia,

I knew about restricted and open bids, but I think I haven't made my point clear. Let's say that we have a restricted bid and we select 2 vendors:

Vendor 1: it has contact person 1

Vendor 2: it has contact person 2 and 3 (but I just select the contact person 2)

Contact person 1 and contact person 2 receives the bid invitation email BUT contact person 1, 2 and 3 will be able to see the bid when they log into SRM and do the offer.

If contact person 2 mades the offer before contact person 3, contact person 3 won't be able to do it but will be able to see the contact person 2 offer.

My system works like this, but I am surprised that contact person 2 can see and manage the bid if he hasn't been invited.

Could you please confirm that our system runs ok or do we have to report an error to SAP.

Thanks in advanced once again

Mar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which SRM version are you using?

Former Member
0 Kudos

SRM 5.0

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on SRM 4.6 and I have the same problem as Mar.

Also, secondary contact people are not only able to see the bid invitations of their collegues, they also can reply to these invitations at any time...

Is there a way to change that?

Bid Invitations should be visible exclusively to the chosen contact person (not to all of them).

Thanks,

Andrea