cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager delete option

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I am working in Solution Manager 4.0. In SOLAR01, under "project documentation" tab, we are having two delete options.

They options are:

1. Delete row

2. Delete

Assume that, i have uploaded one document in "project documentation' tab.

I can restrict the deletion of that document by second option (Delete), in authorization object S_IWB.

But the user can delete the document by using first option (delete row).

Could any one suggest, which authorization object holds the authrization for restricting "delete row"?

Even i have tried with authorization object S_GUI. In this object(S_GUI) i could not find "delete" activity.

Please guide me, how to arrest both deletion options for a particular document.

Thanks

Senthil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

As per my knowledge as of now, you can not just restrict the delete option in your project from Proj Documentation tab.

There is a workaround still available. It may not sound very good option but you will get the required result of control on delete in <i><b>General Documentation</b></i> tab instead of <i><b>Proj Documentation</b></i> tab.

1. Create a template project first. And add the documentation in its General Documentation tab in SOLAR01 transaction.

2. Use this template project for you implementation project.

3. In the Implementation project, the documents from Gen Documentation tab can not be edited or deleted. If it is required to edit, there is an

option of Copy/Link to Proj Docu tab for the selected document. Hence you can restrict to change the original document.

Hope this helps you.

PS If the answer solves your query, plz close the thread by marking it Solved & rewarding each reply.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sapna,

But the client do not want to maintain one more template proj because of this reason.

Regards

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

I agree the fact that no body will simply agree for this. But this is limitation to system as of now. And if the results need to be achieved in such situation then some or other option has to be followed.

If you really want to go ahead with template option as specified in my earlier thread, you can raise a message at service marketplace and ask for solution. If SAP comes with a positive solution then you will get the required results otherwise alternative is in hand to convince the client.

Hope this helps you.

PS If the answer solves your query, plz close the thread by marking it Solved and rewarding each reply.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sapna,

Should i create a OSS message to solve this problem?

SDN also SAP AG owned website know..Based on this they wonn't provide solution by development?

Regards

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will recommend to open a OSS message first with client's ID. Once SAP responds to that message, then you can give reference of that along with this thread by SDN. SDN is place wherein anyone can respond and help you to sort out your issues but on service marketplace only SAP will reply. I guess you client will like to look the solution only from SAP as that will be reliable and confirmed from SAP.

Hope this helps you.

PS If the answer solves your query, plz close the thread by marking it <i><b>Solved</b></i> and rewarding each reply.

Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Senthil,

I am interested in the answer. I have the problem that when you check a document out it is locked for deletion with the second delete button, but nog with the first button "delete row". With the first the document is deleted even when it is checked out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hans,

In fact with the first button 'Delete row', it is only removing the link between the node and the document. The document itself is not deleted.

You can still find it while doing a search.

Best regards,

Thierry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thierry,

Thanks for your input. But even i want to control the "delete row" option with respect to the user.

Which authorization object holds this authorization?

Regards

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Senthil,

I am sorry but as Andreas wrote, there is no specific check for the document assignment removing.

If you have enough authorization to change a project, you will be able to add or remove a document from a node. I don't think that restricting the project change authorization is an acceptable solution for you.

Best regards,

Thierry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thierry,

Yah. How to solve this? Is SAP will consider this issue for further development?

Regards

Senthil

former_member190969
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Senithil,

I have heard of this requirement before. However I could not find it on our official development request list. So I can't tell you if this check will ever be developed.

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for your input. May i know, wheather this requirement will be considered for developement in future?

Could u please update this in your official development request list?

Thanks

Senthil