cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIN: Tax in SO not to include excise duties and ECS

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gurus

When creating Sales Order, Tax field is calculated on LST, CST plus excise duties. From what I understand excise duty and ECS should not be calculated under Tax.. How do we exclude excise duty and ECS from Tax? Tax field should only populate LST, CST or VAT..

Currently we're on 4.6c

Pls advise on this..

Rgds..Vinz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kindly check the condition class and condition category for excise condition types in SD procedures.

Both should not be tax as in LST,CST condition types. Condition class for excise condition types should be discount or surcharge

Regards,

Jatinder Mehta

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you maintain Excise condition types as Discounts & Surchage in V/06, it should serve the purpose.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

We have set the JMOD as TAX and JEX2 as discount/surcharge...Wjat can be the possible reason?

Rgds..Vincent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vincent,

If you read my previous mails, I had suggested you the same.

Anywayz, i was assuming you had made the corrections.

Is the system working out.

I am unable too undersatnd ur latest post.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka

What I meant was I have the same setiings and yet I still have the problem where the excise duties are added to the taxes..

Any solutions?

Rgds..Vinz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinz,

From what i understand, you are probably using only one condition type i.e ECS in the pricing procedure.As this condition type is also mentioned in TAXINJ procedure(or any other that you are using in the system)which has the Condition category as TAX.

For your problem to be resolved,create another condition type from SD,eg.JECS,as a discount or surcharge condition and maintain condition records for that condition type as 100% of the tax condition(ECS)

Edit the From and TO steps in the pricing procedure.

In the pricing procedure make ECS as statistical.

This should solve your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Priyanka

Thanks for yr reply... I have checked our condition type (JEX2), the condition class is maintained as A (discount or surcharge)... but for JMOD it is maintained as D (Tax)...Why does it still add on to the Tax in Sales Order? Does it got to do with the routine?

Pls advise

Rgds.Vinz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinz,

JMOD, has to be made statistical in the pricing procedure.

Only then it will not add to the taxes.

Try doing then and then let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka

I have set JMOD as statistical and JEX2 as non-statistical but it still add up to the taxes..

Pls help

Rgds..Vincent