Hi experts,

I have an asynchronous interface:

File -> XI -> SOAP

Each file contains multiple messages in the format:

<ItemList>

<Item> ..... </Item>

<Item> ..... </Item>

</ItemList>

Each Item will be mapped to a SOAP request.

The File adapter listens to files in the folder with the name Operation_Proc_Info_*.xml, this is achieved by using File Name Mask option in the sender communication channel.

My question is:

1. When I have 10 or more files with the file name Operation_Proc_Info_*.xml dropped into the folder, will all 10 files be processed concurrently? or will they be consumed in sequential order?

I need to understand this because each file potentially contains thousands of records and I do not want to kill the system.

Please help.

Thanks.

Ron

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm

<i>Processing Sequence (for transport protocol File System (NFS))

If you used placeholders when specifying the file name, define the processing sequence of the files:

&#9675; By Name: Files are processed alphabetically by file name.

&#9675; By Date: Files are processed according to their time stamp in the file system, starting with the oldest file.</i>

in case you have NFS in the picture you can process the files as mentioned above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thank you for your reply.

To be more specific, my requirement is:

When I have 3 files in the folder:

F1

F2

F3

I want to process F1 first, and then wait for x number of secs and then process F2, and wait x secs and then process F3 again.

I tried to configure this using the poll interval (I set it to 600sec).

But I realize this poll interval does not work - The files are picked up with less than 10 sec between them.

What parameter can I set to achieve my objective?

Please help.

Thanks.

Ron

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi wee chong

the following thread can probably help you

Regards

krishna

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>or will they be consumed in sequential order?

you can set your sender file adapter (Quality Of Service) to EOIO - Exactly Once in Order mode

this way this will be achived

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>