cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referencing Application Libraries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I want to reference an Application Library Project( that I have deployed on the JEE 5 Server) in an EJB Project. I have added the Application Library to the EJB Project. Now when I deploy the EJB project, it's not able to find some classes which are contained in the jars in the Application Library Project.

Do I need to change the application-j2ee-engine.xml file for the referenced library and if yes, what are those changes?

Regards

Bhupesh...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhupesh,

Better late than never

<a href="/people/community.user/blog/2006/10/24/applications-and-shared-libraries">This</a> blog should give you the insights on the steps for what you are trying to achieve.

Basically, you would need a section like the one below in the application-j2ee-engine.xml of <b>the EAR project that wraps your EJB project</b>:

<reference reference-type="hard">
    <reference-target target-type="application">
        app_library_project
    </reference-target>
</reference>

Hope it helps!

-Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you have a local jar file, you can add that to the lib section of the Java Build Path, build the Jar file. Add this EJB to an Enterprise Application Build and deploy. This should work.

But Incase you are looking for jar files deployed as part of the J2EE server component.

or DC's you need add the respective one to the application-j2ee-engine.xml.<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0c/c22d906eb63847a9ff1dac1e45fdaf/frameset.htm">URL for J2EE LIB</a>.

regards

Vivek Nidhi

Former Member
0 Kudos