cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI Manual Config

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Due to a pre-existing usage type, I cannot run the CTC template for NWDI and am doing a manual config. Using the steps described on help, I ran into a step that I am having a problem resolving. Help says to go a page that I cannot find. I've pasted the text from help below. What is the URL to get to the name server registration that is mentioned? Nothing I look at has these paths.

Registering the Reserved Prefix for the Name Reservation Service

The NetWeaver namespace prefixes reserved on SAP Service Marketplace must be entered in the name server so that namespaces for development objects with those prefixes can be created in the name server. The name server supports different types of development object names. For details, read SAP Note 710315.

To register a prefix, proceed as follows:

1. On the name server initial page, choose Development ® Name Reservation ® Define Namespace Prefix.

2. On the Define Namespace Prefix page, specify the name categoryand the namespace prefixand then choose Create.

You can use a reserved namespace prefix for all object name types in parallel. Register the prefixes for different name categories as follows:

• ○ By convention: *, where the slash / is used as a separator of name segments

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think that should do it no need to register another.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishnagopal,

Thank You. I thought that was the proper spot, but the online help directions bear no resemblance to the actual steps to register a prefix. Another question. I've already used a name created via serive.sap.com/namespaces as the Object Server name. Is the prefix created in the name reservation space the same or do I need to register another one?

Regards,

Jordan_Stanchev
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

I think that all the time you were reading in the wrong part of the documentation. The name reservation is not an NWDI service, although it is related to NWDI. It is done using the System Landscape Directory, which mean that you should have tried to take a look at the SLD documentation instead of the NWDI documentation.

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/31/f0ff69551e4f259fdad799a229363e/frameset.htm">Here</a>.

Regards, Jordan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

U need to go to SLD via this link

http://hostname:port/sld

Then click on Name reservations (seen under devlopments)

then on name prefix and continue the steps

hope this solves ur issue do let me know if ur stuck again..

Regards