cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a sales group be used as a branch sales office?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to map the following business structure in SAP:

3 Divisions: Steel, Paper and Chemicals

3 Plants (one for each division)

2 Distribution Channels

4 Regional Sales Offices

16 Branch Sales Offices - 4 under each Regional Saels Office

4 Warehouses (one for each region) to store Products

4 Warehouses (one for each region) to store Spares

Can I support this whole structure with a single sales

organization? If yes, please tell me how I can do it. Or do I need

to create 4 sales organizations (one for each region)?

If I can represent the 16 branch sales office with 16 sales

groups, assigned to respective Regional Sales Offices, my enterprise

structure would be simple with a single sales organization and only

6 sales areas. Can I represent a branch sales office with a sales

group? Is it valid? Can somebody explain how to do this?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sap 123.,

Go with one sales organization,its better to minimize the sales organizations , Sales group are persons who are working in sales office,so you cant represent a branch sales office with a sales group

You can go with 16 sales office out of whicg 4 sales offices are regional office

Award points if helpfull

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi manam,

I agree with you regarding a single sales organization to minimise the structure. But I have one question. How do I assign the 16 branch sales offices to the 4 regional sales offices? I don't see how I can assign a sales office to another sales office in SAP. Or should I assign all the sales offices (whether they are regional sales offices or branch sales offices) to the required sales areas and leave it like that? Don't I have to assign the branch sales offices to regional sales offices? How is the heirarchy achieved then, between a regional sales office and a branch sales office?

Your suggestion/advice will help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP123,

You should assign 16 sales offices,But you cannot assign 12 sales offices to 4 regional offices,

You do customization like create 16 sales offices ,There is no need to assign branch offices to regional offices as all are the branch offices,

In general scenario also you can think when SAP is implemented in companies they dont assign regional offices to branch offices,There aare only branch offices and in the description only you can name the regional offices as regional offices and branch offices as branch offices.,

Creating 4 sales organizations depends up on t he requirement of the client and study of their process,If you map Regional offices as sales organization then how can you map head office ?

So as i dont know the detailed process of the company my sujjestion is make all branch offices,

Do they have head office?

Regards'

Narayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narayana,

There is no head office for sales. The structure is exactly as I have given in my first post. Apart from sales, the regional offices handle other things like administration etc. whereas the branch offices handle only sales.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP123.,

Then you can do one thing

1 company code

4 sales ors

2 D.C

3 divisions

12 branch offices ,where u can assign sales area to your sales office as per your requirement

This works fine I think so,If any answers from our gurus are appreciated

REWARD IF HELPFULL

Thanks & Regards

Narayana

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note that sales groups do not have addresses.