cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why we do not need sender agreement for Mail and SOAP adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDN,

I know, we do not need sender agreement for IDOC ,HTTP,XI adapters. As these three adapters will run in Integration engine of the abap stack.

<b>In our scenario if sender is other than IDOC or HTTP or XI .</b>

By Refering Sivamni's blog.

<b>/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/25/understanding-message-flow-in-xi

message will be pickedup by communication channel with the help of sender agreement and prepare XI message header by performing cpa cache lookup. then message will go to module processor etc.

<b>In our scenario if sender is IDOC or HTTP or XI .</b>

As these 3 adapters are run in Integration engine.

Doubt 1:

how the integration engine will create the xi message header like sender interface sender system name etc...

Doubt 2:

I believe SOAP and mail adapter will run in adapter engine.but i came to know that we do not need sender agreement and sender comm channel for these two adapters too...then how the XI message header will create...

Please do correct me if i am wrong

and throw some light on the same..

Appreciate your help....

Regards,

Reehan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi-

Also check if this is helpful to you....

/people/rahul.nawale2/blog/2006/07/22/smime-security-for-the-mail-adapter-within-xi

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/16/configuring-generic-sender-file-cc-adapter

/people/rahul.nawale2/blog/2006/05/31/how-to-use-client-authentication-with-soap-adapter

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reehan/Bhavesh,

Dont think it is an absolute neccessity to configure sender agreement for mail adapter. Check this.

cheers,

Prashanth

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

><i>Doubt 1:

how the integration engine will create the xi message header like sender interface sender system name etc...</i>

In the case of the HTTP adapter, the Sender Service < interafce etc is a part of the URL that is used in the HTTP Client. The Integration engine picks these details from URL and populates the SOAP Header.

In the case of Idoc's,the Logical system name of the Sender SAP system is used to decide the Sender Service ( Business System created in SLD ), the Idoc name and the Idoc Namespace ( as an idoc is being triggered ) are taken as the sender interface and namespace.

><i>Doubt 2:

I believe SOAP and mail adapter will run in adapter engine.but i came to know that we do not need sender agreement and sender comm channel for these two adapters too...then how the XI message header will create...</i>

This info is wrong.

Both SOAP and Mail Adaptrer do need a Sender Agreement.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thanks for the reply..

I am expecting your reply only

Doubt 1 hits the bull's eye. so no worries...

Doubt 2: you mean to say these adapters will run in adapter engine

so we need sender agreement for SOAP and Mail adapter.

But In SAP Library says we do not need sender agreement for these too..

Please see the link...

<b>http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/b1/f29e7a56e18a439984a3c6630951d2/content.htm</b>

Once again thanks...

Regards,

Reehan.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Reehan,

Thanks for pointing me to that link. Guess I was wrong .,But,let me try to put to you why you need a sender agreement for a Sender SOAP Adapter,

1. In the sender SOAP adapter , the Sender Interface and the Interface Namespace as provided in the fields Default Interface Name and InterfaceNamespace. The Name of the Sender Service is provided in the WSDL when you ceate the WSDL in the Integration Directory. So, as all details are available in either the Sender SOAP adapter or in the WSDL url you do not need a Sender Agreement. It is not obligatory but you can always create the Sender Agreement.

2. For the mail adapter , if you select the option XIPAYLOAD, you will have the option to mention the Interface Name and Interface Namespace under XI Parameters and so in this case as once again the details provided in the sender agreement are available in the Sender Adapter itself the sender agreement is not needed for the mail adapter when you have select option XIPAYLOAD.

If you have selected XIALL then you need a sender agreement.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Bhavesh(Hero of SDN)

As you have solved so many queries of me..

this time also u did the same..

now its pretty clear for me..

anyhow i am closing this thread by giving points to you

Once again thanks for help ...

Regards,

Reehan.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Regards

Bhavesh