Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update the authorization object value for more than 1000 role

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to remove one of the activity value (06) from authorization object S_SCD0.

I do a search and found out that there are more than 1000 roles which having the activity value = 06 for authorization object S_SCD0.

However, I don't think I can create a SCAT script to update all these 1000 roles and I believe its going to be a very tedious if I am going to manually change it one-by-one. Hence, I am wondering is there any standard program/function which I can use to automate the above changes for all these 1000 over roles.

Kindly advise.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Write a program to update AGR_1251 table - We wrote a program to update company code to 1028 Roles - Its works excellent / you shouls SUPC after you do it before transporting the role.

thanks

Anands

7 REPLIES 7

former_member190272
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check this link hope it help you

http://www.sapsecurityonline.com//tutorials/secat.htm

Rewards point if help full

Thanks

Pankaj Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you may create a Script depending on the version you are working. Or you may ask your ABAPer to write a program which does the changes.

Hope it helps.

Please award points if it is useful.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

But eCATT script had to further modify and update with complicated logics.

And I had also discussed with the ABAP developer, but they would not recommended to write a program to perform a direct check and update the standard data table by using own coding. So I am wondering is there any standard SAP Call Functions which can help checking and updating the relative standard authorization tables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Write a program to update AGR_1251 table - We wrote a program to update company code to 1028 Roles - Its works excellent / you shouls SUPC after you do it before transporting the role.

thanks

Anands

0 Kudos

Direct update the table is the easiest way, but should be discourage for the obvious reason.

Should take a step back, take a long term view, when you need to update 1000 roles, maybe a role redesign might be needed. For example, if you can change the role model to derive role model, once update to the parent role will take care of all the child role.

Thanks,

Lye

0 Kudos

Hi Tse-Hun,

Unfortunately, now all roles in our system are having their own type of setting in each authorization objects. Which I don't want change the other authorization object other than the S_SCD0.

0 Kudos

Been thru the same pain that you are facing now. On one project, our team have to constantly changing 5 to 50 roles for the same Auth Object. Manage to sell the Role Redesign to the upper management to reduce the support cost and to improve the turnaround time. Not to mention I have over one year of Transaction Usage by User data (using RBE) to will help redesign the roles.

Good luck.

Lye