cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does XI pick up idoc-file sitting in SAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Our scenario is SAP (Idoc) --> XI --> Bank(FTPS). We are creating idoc-file in SAP system and want transfer this file using XI to bank FTP server.

This what we done in SAP system:

1) Created FILE port pointing to physical directory in SAP system

2) Created Partnet Type B (bank) partner profile

Created i/b and o/d interface in XI refering Idoc. Now configuring sender file adapter....Can I pick up file in SAP system using NFS?? How does it work?

What is the best way to do this scenario by using XI?

Thx

Navin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Navin,

Create a File port in WE21. Also give the directory and file name in the physical directory. When ever you have created the partner profile you have to give the Recevier Port. Give this as your File port which is created above.

Then in the corresponding directory you will have a Flat Idoc. Then pick this file with XI and send to the Bank as FTP. You dont need anything in IR. Only you need is ID. Check this for some help on how to use XI for FTP purpose:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/04/03/xi-in-the-role-of-a-ftp

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thanks for your reply.

We have created File port and in partner profiles given the above cxreated File port as Reciever Port. Now Idoc-File gets created in SAP system right?? (Or can we make it create in XI system directory?)

If the Idoc-file is in SAP system how do XI sender adapter pick it from another systems directory usnf NFS???

I have comepleted the ID configuration.

Thx

Navin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Navin,

I suggest you to create it in SAP R3 in any directory. Then pick this file using xi file sender adapter.

If R3 and XI are both on NFS then in file sender communicaiton channel pull the file for every minute. If you want some naming conventions for the file then you have some standard function modules. In we21 in the funciton module press F4. You can see the list of them.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

If R3 and XI are both on NFS then in file sender communicaiton channel pull the file for every minute.

How do I know if both R/3 and XI are on NFS?

Thx

Navin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check with your basis guys whether these are on NFS or not? If yes then use it. You should not have any problem.

If not pick the file using FTP as your file sender communication channel.

---Satish