cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to "put" iView onto a page?...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have just created an iView and I have the .par file. I exported this par file to my portal. Right now, in order for me to look at iView in my EP6.0, I go: Java Development --> Development --> Component Inspector --> Then, at this point, I look for my JSP project inside the Portal Components page that appears --> Click the [Details] link --> Click [Start]. At this point, a new window opens with my 'iView' running.

My question is usually iViews are locked on a page on the portal(EP6.0), how can I get mine to be locked on a page on my portal. If possible, please provide detailed instruction?

Thanks so much,

Baggett

*P.S: If I am using incorrect technical terms, please correct me -thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soran,

You need to create a page under

Content Administrator -> Portal Content

or you can direct allocate this iview with a workset and then this workset with any role.. that how the person have that roles will be able to see that iview...

Rgds,

Raj

PS: Please consider rewarding points if the answer was helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I've been working with the EP 6.0 and using the instructions that you have provided. I noticed that on the same hierarchy of Portal Content, there is a section called Testing228 added to the end(i.e Portal Content|Multiple Property Replacement|Unification|...Testing228) under Content Administration. When I click on it, it has a page with iViews that I guess they created. Can I do the same? I have my page ready with my simple iView on it already, what I would like to do is something like the creating the testing228 section and putting my page onto it. If possible, can you provide instructions on this?

Thanks so much for your help!,

Baggett

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soran,

As i told you u need to put you page into workset and this workset on to roles... now edit your roles and modify property called "entry point" put here yes... now this roles will be tab for the user having that roles... and that workset will be your "testing228 section"...

Try this you will under stand the concept...

See help

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ep60sp2/helpdata/en/6e/eecf3d97ac7d10e10000000a114084/content.htm

and

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ep60sp2/helpdata/en/d9/ce93d4c38c6147b27ca34554cc48db/content.htm

~Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Raj, I will read the help links that you have provided.

Thanks again,

Baggett

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Baggett,

I guess it would be better to post this question in the /community [original link is broken] forum.

Best regards,

Vladimir