Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to open the Transported model Object in the Target Portal Story Board

former_member192283
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How To Transport Applications Modeled in Visual Composer from NetWeaver 2004s to NetWeaver 2004

I have transported one VC model from Development portal to Testing Portal. But Once i transported , under the

PortalContent -> Visual Composer -> Models folder , i am able to see the transport model and the view. If i want to edit that model in the VC story board , I am not able to see that model name in the list when logged into the visual composer Tool of the Testing portal server.

Is there any thing need to do the work around it.

And onemore thing, In the development portal server, when i am working on that model , it will be depended on on system object for retreiveing the BAPI data. In the Testing protal server after i transported. , i need to map some system object to run the model in Testing portal.

What is the work around this to map the system object with the Transported model in Testing portal server.

should i need to create the new system object even if the R3 server is same as in Testing portal server also. or the System object need to be create only if the mapped R3 server is different from the Development portal server.

Please let me know how to do this.

Regards

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hio Vijay,

export the model on your development system and import the exported model (gml file) on your productive system. Then open the model in VC and use the Alias manager or you can use the same aliases on both systems (you can add one or more alias to a system).

Best Regards,

Marcel

former_member192283
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for the reply,

I have exported the .gml file from the dev server Then i trying to import that .gml file in the production server. when i click on the import file option .it is opening the popup and disappearing immediately with out browsing the file I dont know wht is the problem around it.

But agin in the production server, i have just opend one existing model. then i clicked on the Import file option. then the popup is allowing me to browse the .gml file. but after i browsed the file, if say ok, it will be merging with the already opened model itself.

Can u please tell me , what is the problem, i am not able to browse the file ,when no model is not opened in the VC.

REgards

Vijay

Answers (0)