cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug message location?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I was wondering where can I look at debug messages?, like if I do a System.out.println("Test Debug message"); in my java class (myJSPPage.java), where can I see this message, on the NetWeaver Web Application Server, or on the EP6.0? Can you please provide instructions?

Thanks,

Baggett

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Baggett,

Have a look in /usr/sap/<SID>/<INSTANCE>/j2ee/cluster/server<N>/log/defaultTrace.trc.

Best regards,

Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir, thank you for your response, so this means I would have to go to the computer that has the EP6.0 installed in order to access debug logs?

Thanks again for your help and if possible, can you take a look at my question posted: How to "put" iView onto my page...?

Regards,

Baggett

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Baggett,

> so this means I would have to go to the computer that has the EP6.0

> installed in order to access debug logs?

No, it's not necessary. You can also use the Log Viewer to examine logs and traces on the remote system.

Best regards,

Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir,

Thank you so much for your response. Where is the Log Viewer? Currently, I am using my browser to access the portal in which is installed remotely. Is there a link on the portal that I can use?

Thanks,

Baggett.

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Baggett,

You can download the standalone Log Viewer tool from http://service.sap.com/swdc -> Download -> Support Packages and Patches -> Entry by Application Group -> Additional Components -> JAVA LOG VIEWER -> SAP JAVA LOG VIEWER 6.30 -> OS independent.

Check the PDF file Logviewer_Userguide.pdf inside the ZIP, which contains detailed information on the Standalone Log Viewer and its usage options.

Best regards,

Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response Vladmir, I will look into this.

Thanks again,

Baggett

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I was wondering if you can take a look at question:"Pls help! Some questions on a sample JSP page... " on this board.

Thanks so much for your help!

Baggett

Answers (0)