cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE - Error connecting to DB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey All,

I have a Java only system. We did a monthly reboot of the server and since then J2EE engine does not start. (JControl.exe has the status 'stopped').

The JVM_Bootstrap.out file says : Database Initialization failed.. check DB parameters.. Error connecting to DB..

As a result config tool also does not start : Error occurred while working with Configuration (Scanning). Msg: Error while connecting to DB.

I checked the DB thru brtools n the state is OPEN. Restarted it too but no luck. All the envir variables seem to be fine too. Have compared with the other java only systems. Oracle services on the OS (Windows) are also running.

Few forum topics suggest restarting SAPDB: [SID] service, but i cant find that.

Any Ideas ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

DB was always up and running..

Also I do not have SAPDB: SID or XServer services running on windows...

Well J2EE is up and running now.. the issue was with the listener.. i had to edit listener.ora to add entries of this SID to re-estabalish the J2EE connection with DB..

Thanks a lot neways for your help guys...

Cheers

Kunal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

we are facinh the similar problem as mentoined in the thread on our CRM 5.0 Server while accessing configtool. It throws an error :"Error occured while working with configurations (scanning). Msg: Error connecting to DB".

In the thread, you have mentoined about changes in Listener.ora. Could you throw some more light on this?

Please let us know the path and changes that need to be done in this file. Just to inform you, the DB we are using is MS SQL.

Regards,

Savan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check whether your DB is up.

Put up the dev_jcontrol log.

Thanks & Regards,

Vijith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.Go to services.msc through command prompt,try manually starting <b>SAPDB</b> services.

2.<b>Xserver</b> service should be up and running.

3.try connecting to Database manager if u r using MAXDB,and try connecting and look for the error message it is giving for.

4.You must have selected wrong kernel while installation,which can also stop Database.

5.Check if the database logs are full,try deleting old logs if not required.

reward points if helpful........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

What does the log files say. Post the J2EE logs if possible.

Regards,

P. Kumaravel.