Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spliting cells in smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Am trying to make a template with the following layout:

_________

I was thinking about using 2 rows then merging the cells that have to be merged, but it seems it is not possible. Is there any workaround?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to do, but you can use 2 different lines in your template and define the Cell width for each one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Thank you for your response. I am trying to draw the following header (the dots are supposed to be blanks)

_________

_________

__ _______

if I use 2 rows I will get the following header:

_________

_________

_________

__ _______

So cells 1 and 3 in both rows will not be merged. I hope it was clear enough?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think that's possible (but I could be wrong).

Have you thought about using a bunch of windows?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah I already thought about it, but the problem is that i need them to be in the main window, and i can't make them all main windows, so I need another solution :s

Former Member
0 Kudos

So the problem is that they won't always be in the same place in the Main window right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually i want the data inside to span many pages, that's why i need them to be like the main window, but the problem is that we can only have a main window by page

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi haku,

_________

_________

__ _______

create two line type one having 3 cells and other having 4 cell in the details. now come back to table painter. now select the middle cell of the 1st line type and assing the lines on all three sides and for second line type select individually each cell assign left and bottom lines. i faced similar problem and i was able to solve this way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reji,

Thanks for your answer, but I don't know how to assign the lines to the sides of a <b>cell</b> , all I know is how to do it for the whole <b>table</b>. Is it possible to assign lines to sides in 4.6 C ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Haku,

Create two line types:

LINE1 4,00CM 8,00CM 4,00CM.

LINE2 4,00CM 4,00CM 4,00CM 4,00CM.

<u>Assigning lines to the sides of the cell:</u>

choose draw lines and columns button and choose the cell by clicking on the cell.

Then draw the lines based on the frames located on the top.

Point on particular cell and proceed with normal procedure how u draw lines to entire table.

Reward points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi babulreddy,

I am sorry but it seems I am missing something, here is what i do : I create the two lines, I switch to table painter view, toggle "draw lines and columns" button, and click on the cell, but when i try drawing the lines on the sides it just keeps adding cells and rows, whenever i try to draw a horizontal line it just adds a new row, is this normal?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Haku,

I dont understand why do u get additional lines and columns.probably u would be toggling on the draw lines and columns button and then right clicking to create lines.donot do that.

<u>follow the below procedure.</u>

Once u return to table painter view, by default the draw lines and columns buttton will be inactive.just click on the cell and the cell will automatically be shaded. now just choose what ever frames u want( <b>located just opposite to details tab</b>) ie either complete box, bottom line ,top line what ever u want to draw.

let me know if still the problem persists.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did exactly as you said, but the problem is that when i click on a cell, the whole table is shaded, it's like i can't select cell by cell. One more thing is that i can't choose the frames unless i get out of the table painter (I just don't have the <b>details tab</b> u told me about), which mean the frames apply only to the whole table not one cell. Is there a way to post a screenshot here?

Answers (0)