cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tnsnames.ora isses with sapinst at database export

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to export the database of a SAP HR 4.7/Oracle 9.2.0-64 bits/HP-UX instance with the sapinst tools and am running into Oracle related issues.

First issue is the location of tnsnames.ora. Sapinst expected it to find in /oracle/<SID>/<rel>_<32/64bit>/network/admin, while on our system it is under /opt/oracle/<rel><3264bit>/network/admin. How can I get sapinst to look at the correct directory path? I have set ORACLE_HOME for the root user, but that did not help. Is there any other variable or command line option?

I temporarely fixed the previous problem by creating a sysmlink, but now the next problem appears:

INFO 2007-05-08 16:16:33

Processing of host operation t_HostInfo_SHARED succeeded.

ERROR 2007-05-08 16:19:28

MDB-06189 Bad entry in network configuration file: No '=' found. Line 22 near string 'xxx'.

MDB-06021 Could not read file: [/oracle/xxx/920_64/network/admin/tnsnames.ora].

FJS-00012 Error when executing script.

FCO-00011 The step diPrepareProgramEnvironment with step key SAPSYSTEM_DBEXP|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|SAPSYSTEM|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|SAPComponent|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|DatabaseExport|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|DbExport|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|DatabaseLoadForExport|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|DatabaseLoad_Db_Hook|ind|ind|ora|ind|ind|0|diPrepareProgramEnvironment executed with status ERROR.

My tnsnames.ora shows this on line 22:

xxx, xxx.WORLD=

(DESCRIPTION =

(SDU = 32768)

(ADDRESS_LIST =

(ADDRESS =

(COMMUNITY = SAP.WORLD)

(PROTOCOL = TCP)

(HOST = xxxxxx)

(PORT = xxxxxx)

)

)

(CONNECT_DATA =

(SID = xxx)

(GLOBAL_NAME = xxx.WORLD)

)

)

Where xxx is my actual SID. I can log on with sqlplus (with user <sid>adm) on the command line without problems. This tends to say that the tnsnames.ora is ok.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

root@xxxxxx:/home/root# env

_=/usr/bin/env

MANPATH=/usr/share/man/%L:/usr/share/man:/usr/contrib/man/%L:/usr/contrib/man:/usr/local/man/%L:/usr/local/man:/opt/upgrade/share/man/%L:/opt/upgrade/share/man:/usr/dt/share/man:/opt/pd/share/man/%L:/opt/pd/share/man:/opt/hparray/share/man/%L:/opt/hparray/share/man:/opt/ignite/share/man/%L:/opt/ignite/share/man:/opt/prm/man/%L:/opt/prm/man:/opt/hpnp//man:/opt/perf/man/%L:/opt/perf/man:/opt/OV/man/itose/%L:/opt/OV/man/itose:/opt/ssh/man:/opt/networker/man:/opt/hpnpl//man:/opt/graphics/common/man:/opt/resmon/share/man:/opt/ssh/share/man

FPATH=/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/lib/modules

PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/contrib/bin:/opt/nettladm/bin:/opt/fc/bin:/opt/fcms/bin:/opt/upgrade/bin:/opt/pd/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/contrib/bin/X11:/opt/hparray/bin:/opt/prm/bin:/opt/perf/bin:/opt/OV/bin/OpC:/opt/ignite/bin:/opt/hpnp/bin:/opt/samba/bin:/opt/sudo/bin:/opt/sudo/sbin:/opt/ssh/bin:/opt/networker/bin:/usr/sbin/stm/uut/bin/progs:/opt/cfg2html:/usr/sbin/diag/contrib:/opt/hpnpl//bin:/opt/findutils/bin:/opt/a2ps/bin:/opt/OV/bin:/opt/graphics/common/bin:/opt/resmon/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin

COLUMNS=120

EDITOR=vi

HISTFILE=/home/root/.sh_history

LOGNAME=root

HOSTNAME=joule

ERASE=^?

PS1=$@$:$#

SHELL=/sbin/sh

HOME=/home/root

TERM=vt100

PWD=/home/root

TZ=MET-1METDST

ENV=/home/root/.kshrc

LINES=51

In my attempt to fix the tnsnames.ora problem I have explicitely set the following environment variables to match the ones from <sid>adm which seem to be Oracle related without any effect:

cat env.sh

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/appl/acc/sap/ACC/exe

export JAVA_HOME=/opt/java1.3

export DISPLAY=10.35.19.15:0.0

export SAPinst_INSTDIR=/mnt/sapexport/sapinst

export ORACLE_PSRV=ACC

export ORACLE_BASE=/oracle

export dbs_ora_tnsname=ACC

export ORACLE_SID=ACC

export DB_SID=ACC

export dbs_ora_schema=SAPR3

export SAPDATA_HOME=/oracle/acc/ACC

export ORA_NLS33=/opt/oracle/92064/ocommon/nls/admin/data

export ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/92064

export dbms_type=ORA

export SAPSYSTEMNAME=ACC

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

on line 22, change:

xxx, xxx.WORLD=

with

xxx.WORLD

take out the first xxx with the comma (,)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, that solved it. Strange that sapinst cannot cope with the alias in tnsnames.ora

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this is probably set with environments variables.

please provide results of command "env"