Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date SearchHelp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've got the following issue to solve:

In our WD4A ALV there is a date field which must be filled by the user but we do not want the users to fill the field by themselves.

Therefor we added an extra column to the ALV which shows an icon for date selection.

If the user clicks on this icon the same date-selector should appear as the one the searchhelp would show when the datefield was ready for input.

Can anybody tell me how to get this done?

Thanks in advance

Wouter Heuvelmans

Pyramid Applied Solutions

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Wouter,

For all date fields (ABAP type D) Web Dynpro automatically offers a data selector. There's probably no need to implement your own. Just click inside of the input field in the table. The date picker should appear now.

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

I know, but then the user first has to click on the input field to make the date-selector-option appear.

To make the user aware of the fact that he or she needs to select a date but the datefield itself is not ready for input itself, we added a second column with a date-selector icon. Clicking on that icon should start the same function as the standard searchhelp. Is that possible?

Thanks

Wouter

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wouter,

We made the data picker hidden to save horizontal space. Unfortunately, the built-in data picker is an optimized client-only functionality, which can't be accessed or triggered by applications. The user becomes able to select a date without having a request being sent to the server. Nonetheless, you could implement a date picker by yourself using a popup and place the DateNavigator ui element on it. Of course, this can be triggered using a LinkToURL ui element with an icon in a separate table column.

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

That´s a pity because this means that the only way to get this done is calling a popup which means a roundtrip.

But the answer is clear.

Thanks

Wouter

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wouter.

You could create a view with the DateNavigator UIElement and add this view to a

new window. Then use if_wd_window_manger to create a popup with this view

when the icon (button) is clicked.

Cheers,

Sascha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sascha,

Yeah I know but that is not the same control as I get when I use the standard seachhelp on a date field.

Question remains whether it is possible to use this standard control?

Regards

Wouter