Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to IDoc Settings Required

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the scenerio File>XI>IDocs[R/3].

I am comfortable in getting the design done from my side but I need to know more details in getting the initial settings for IDOC's creation so what transaction has to be used and in which side please do let me know.

Thanks

Sudharshan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sudharsan,

Create RFC destination in R/3 and XI using SM59 transaction

In R/3:

Create a port in we21

Create partner profile we20

In XI:

Idx1 – Port maintenance

Idx2 - Metadata maintenance

Idx5 – All Idoc inbound and outbound messages

After successfull running file to idocu can view the idoc in

we05- Idocs monitoring.

Reg's

Nani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudharshan,

your question is quiet general ...

Try to answer:

R/3 sys: pick up message type you have to receive and from which logical system (meaning treat XI as explicit logical system, or -better- define the file provider as specific logical system); then define inbound partner agreement for the pair logical sys and message type

XI: basically you have to set in XI the port for the IDoc adapter

(IDX1, after having defined an rfc destination to you R/3 system); then import in the integration repository the Idoc definition; <do the mapping>; in the integration directory configure an IDoc adapter type receiver connected to R/3 sys using the same rfc destination as mentioned above; complete the configuration.

Hope this help.

matteo

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudharshan,

In case of file to idoc u need to import the respective idoc in ur IR and do the necessary mapping.You need to define RFC destination from ur XI system to ur R/3 system and using Tcode IDX1 define port and use the RFC destination that u have created from XI to R/3 system.

Then need to create port in the R/3 sytem using Tcode we21 and partner profiles using Tcode we20 and need to have the idoc segment in the inbound parameters.

Once u import the idoc in the IR, will be able to see the metadata in the XI system via Tcode IDX2.

Cheers,

Prasanthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudharshan

R/3 Settings:

1. Create RFC destination to XI in SM59 transaction

2. Create a port in we21

3. Create partner profile we20

4. we05- Idocs monitoring

XI Settings:

1. Create RFC destination to XI in SM59 transaction