cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software used to create SAP script and barcode labels???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP on iSeries Community,

We are looking for a software package to help us create barcode labels to print on Zebra printers from the SAP application. Does anyone have any input to share about either the Bar-One (version 5.1) from Zebra or the TL Ashford barcode software products? What do other SAP on iSeries customers use to create the SAP script for their labels?

THANK YOU!!!

Below is the exact question from one of our developers.

Objective: Create a new SAP ABAP SAPScript Zebra label.

Current Process:

I “copied & pasted” an existing label and manually had to manipulate and guess “how many dots to the left & how many dots from the top” etc. It looks, to me, like the original zebra code was produced by a software application package. It identifies fields as field number 999, field number 998, field number 997 … (see arrow)

That’s not how a normal developer usually names fields. They usually say … field “item_number”, field “lot_number” etc.

Would you find if there are any software products available to relieve some of the tedium of creating a new label.

Proposed Process:

If a WYSIWYG display would create the Zebra source code, I would be able to design the label on the screen and “copy & paste” the created Zebra code into the SAPScript form. That would help a lot.

Thanks, Chaz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sarvesh_gudapati2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Tim,

Loftware Designer or Bar One Designer can be effective softwares used in designing barcode labels. With Barone, you can generate SAP script files and map label fields with standard SAP table, field data.

You can check sites for Barone and Loftware. Reward points if helpful.

http://www.zebra.com/id/zebra/na/en/index/products/software/label_design_software/bar_one_5_1_mysap....

http://www.loftware.com/

cheers,

Sarvesh

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You do not need additional software/.

you can use smartforms or sapscripts after getting latest Zebra print drivers for use with SPAD.

I suggest you search about bar codes printing in sapscripts or smartforms forums.