Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import projects not working ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I had some 10 Projects in one drive.

Now I moved them all to a different location.

Now I tried to Import all of these from the current location into my NWDS.

The import took place but the prjects are still <b>referring to the old location</b> and when I'm trying to open those projects an error is being displayed saying :

" XXXX is missing ".

What should I do now to import all the projects from the new location ?

Any help is appreciated !

Regards,

Deepu.K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Iam also having the same problem. I could not import the project into studio. I tried to unzip into workspace but it says .project file missing. but if I use import it says project already exists even after removing it from workspace. Any ideas.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

Ajay

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the error seems from Java Build Path, where you might have defined some dependancies and you project is still reffering those from old location.

just check out the the Java Build Path if you see a warning icon on the files included in Java Build Path,

Right click Project->properties->Java Build Path->Libraries, here do you see some warning or error icon on the files added, if so then delete them from there and add from the new location.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The project folder is available to locationg the local drive or not?

This is simple store your project foleder and when you import the porject simply give the location that's all.

Thanks,

Lohi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lohi,

I did the same what u have said.

I did the Import this way :

File --> Import --> Multiple Existing Projects into Workspace --> Browse for the folder --> Select all ( Here I'm not able to Select all the projects and i checked the check box Search for Projects in all Sub folders ).

Now when I tried to open the projects some opened with errors and the others didn't open at all.

And the Properties of the opened Projects still directs the path of the previous location.

Regards,

Deepu.K

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

for the projects which are not coming have you checked if their .project file is exist.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhijeet,

Yes, the .project files are there in the new location.But still they are not opening.

Regards,

Deepu.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I tried to re-do the steps.

Now I got all my projects.

But I have one error.

" the project is of not JAVA NAture . Use Project --> Repair to fix errors ".

But I'm bot able to find Project > Repair> PROJECT STRUCTURE AND CLASS PATH when I right click on my Project.

I can see only Activate Raw Language Support and Remove Orphaned Texts.

Any Idea how to resolve this ?

Regards,

Deepu:k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepu,

Copy all the projects into the worlspace and then go to

File>import>Existing Projectinto workspace and then when all projects are imported.

Right click the project and go to properties and then add the libraries,jar in Java Build path.

incase you already have the libraries set then remove them and then set them again.

please let me know if there are any issues.

regards

Anil