cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM, NWA, PMI, ALM, CEN, CCMS - I am a little bit confused

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey everybody,

since a few days I am reading SAP documentations, forums, blogs, wikis and so on...

And every day i am finding a new SAP tool for monitoring and alerting.

Does anyone here can give me a little overview.

And may be answer a few questions?

Like, when I am using SolMan, does I really need the rest of the tools.

Or where is the benefit ALM versus SolMan (the monitoring functions only, of course).

Thanks a lot.

Kind regard.

Dirk

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

Which tool you want to use depends upon requirement,

I am listing out some features of solman with links so get an overview

EWA-early watch alert

http://www.sap.com/southafrica/partners/presentations/pres/Solution%20Manager%20Overviews/Solution%2...

The SAP EarlyWatch Alert is a diagnosis which monitors solutions in SAP and non-SAP systems in the SAP Solution Manager. The system processes the downloaded data. You can display the report as an HTML document. You can also create the report as an MS Word document. You can use the documents as status reports. You can analyze and avoid potential problems with these reports.

SAP EarlyWatch Alert is the prerequisite for Service Level Reporting.

Service level reporting

Service Level Reporting:

· is the interface between your IT department and the person responsible for a business process.

· provides analyses across the systems and business processes in your solution landscape.

You can thus react quickly to risks, and continually improve your IT service.

system monitoring

The system monitoring monitors the systems in your solution landscape, in real time.
http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/en/81/e06b41466b021de10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Business process monitoring.

Business process monitoring monitors your most important business processes, which can be distributed across complex system landscapes. You can also monitor the interfaces between your business process steps.

This enables you to identify critical problems proactively.

Solution reporting

You can analyze:

· Services

· System availability

· Service Desk

· Change requests

You can save the reports in the SAP Solution Manager, and open them with MS Excel.

BI Reporting.

You want to analyze SAP Solution Manager contents, across systems and chronologically, with SAP NetWeaver Business Intelligence (BI), e.g.:

● System information

● Application information

● Key Performance Indicators

You can send the data to an external BI System, or use the BI System based on SAP Netweaver, in the SAP Solution Manager.

Please follow help.sap link,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/en/81/e06b41466b021de10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Please reward points if it helps.

Amedeo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

could you help also understanding what is PMI and what kind of role is playing into Solution Manager.

Could PMI considereable as part of SOLMAN?

Best regards,

Amedeo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

you can send me an email with your questions. Maybe I can answer a few of them...

Kind regards

Timm