cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Business Client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have been given to understand, the most awaited SAP Business client is available to few customers and partners and currently its not available to all SAP customers.

Do somebody has any information, on how one get the link to download NWBC before global availability. What is the process etc.. etc..?

Regards

Rohit Chowdhary

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

please find the answer in your customer message which has been answered ...

Regards, Heidi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

What would the answer be thenN

Or would all custoers have to go to OSS messages?

Please advise

Joseph

Former Member
0 Kudos

The guide I downloaded just ysterday talks about NWBC v3 but I cannot see it anywhere on the market place. I Cannot even see V2. There is even talk about Business Client by design or sth is this then NWBC v2?

How do you download any of these?

The one I have is clearly version 1 and does not have any menus or options I see in the guide so clearly the guide is for some other version of NWBC

The guide is titled:

SAP Netweaver Business Client (NWBC)

Release NWBC v3.0

The table in page 10 gives the history of the evolution of the client from v1 to v3

On page 9 the screenshots are no where similar to what I see

Please advise

Joseph

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Version 2.0 of the NWBC can only be used for SAP Business By Design. That is likely why you don't see if for download on the Service Marketplace. It wouldn't do you any good since it doesn't work in the Business Suite environement anyway. NetWeaver Business Client 3.0 is very close to completion, but has not been released yet. It is currently targeted for release alongside NetWeaver 7.0 Enhancement Package 2. We will be using the NWBC 3.0 heavily at TechEd this year, for instance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply

However as i have v1 of the client which does not seem to work even if I have Solution Manager 7 EHP1 or BI 7 or PI which are all based on NW710 should I just give up or is there a way to make it work and if it can work is there a guide fo rNWBC v1 that i can follow? at the momet all I see on mine is th ehome and the preferences pages that is it!

Grateful for your help

Joseph

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

NetWeaver Business Client 1.0 is only supported in a limited number of application scenarios. From SAP Note 900000:

o SAP All-in-One version 1.2

o SAP ERP 6.0 Enhancement Package 2 and subsequent releases

o SAP Transportation Management 6.0 and 7.0

o SAP Solution Manager 7.0 Enhancement Package 1 and subsequent

releases

You listed Solution Manager 7.01 as one of the systems you tried. That should work as it is one of the supported solutions. You do have to do some configuration (setup of a cockpit) and setup a role for NWBC.

There is online help available for the NWBC 1.0 version that details the setup process (for either using and ABAP system or a Portal as your backend):

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/46/961aa951b3581ce10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can see the guide but still it does not explain why I dont see the home area and the extended home area nor the session tabs at the middle top area

I have configured solution manager and this is what I see

If I could I would attach the screenshot of what I see here

thanks

Joseph

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I am having a difficult time picturing what you are describing. A screen shot would be very helpful. Perhaps you can upload a screen shot to one of the many online, free services (like Flickr or ImageShak) and post the URL here in the forum.

Answers (0)