cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware sizing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If we do a quick sizing for ECC6,whether by default it take as a unicode system?

ie I would like to get it confirmed whether the number of SAPS will be for a unicode or not?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls check this web log:

/people/susanne.janssen/blog/2006/02/03/interpreting-quick-sizer-results

Eddy

-

PS. Reward the useful answers and you will get <a href="/people/baris.buyuktanir2/blog/2007/04/04/point-for-points-reward-yourself">one point</a> yourself!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eddy,

the link was usefull,but i am still confused.I am doing a sizing for ECC6 which i believe by default it should be unicode.But i could not see any * against the software components .So it mean its not unicode?

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

One of the answers in /people/susanne.janssen/blog/2005/07/01/quick-sizer--getting-started

is

"The calculation is independent of UTF, as we collect the table sizes from the "SAP-side" and not from the database"

Eddy

-

PS. Reward the useful answers and you will get <a href="/people/baris.buyuktanir2/blog/2007/04/04/point-for-points-reward-yourself">one point</a> yourself!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eddy,

As you know if its a unicode system we require 50% additional memory,30% CPU..etc.So my question is whether we want to add this after the sizing or its already taken into consideration in the sizing?

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700000523272005, it is clearly stated:

"Please note that the Quick Sizer results include Unicode requirements. For

more information on additional requirements caused by Unicode, see

http://service.sap.com/unicode -> Unicode Media Library -> Unicode

information on specific topics: SAP Business Suite Unicode Hardware

Requirements"

According to the above, one doesn't need to add extra.

Eddy

-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the prompt reply,points rewarded.

Answers (0)