cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Development - Suggestions Please!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I require your valuable suggestions.

Scenario:

My client has implemented ESS successfully and its running great. They maintain their own HR Appraisal package(lets say xyz) and they want it to be integrated along with ESS in the portal.Their criterion is that the look and feel of the xyz package should be similar to that of the ESS.

Our Solution:

In order to acheive this we have decided to build web dynpro webservice model applications using WSDL, generate it using SAP XI, create web dynpro iviews and then finally align the iviews to the appropriate pages, worksets and Roles.

kindly let me Know, whether this kind of an approach to the implementation is feasible?, right?

else please help me out with better ways to do it.

Awaiting your valuable inputs.

Thanks & Regards,

Kavitha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha.

1. regarding integration

If your xyz package can be a web service provider(with WSDL), you can

use this from WD Java as you said.

If your xyz package cannot be a provider itself, Yes, connect xyz to

some XI adapter(BTW, what adapter do you have in mind?) and create

soap adapter(sender). And you can use this web service from WD Java.

But at first and if the customer doesn't have XI right now, how about

creating web service with free and simple tools like Apache AXIS?

http://ws.apache.org/axis/

2. regarding look and feel

i absolutely agree with Bharathwaj. Just go with usual WD Java. FPM

is useful if you create ESS/MSS add-ons with SAP ERP Backend. In your

scenario connecting to 3rd Party backend, it is too much.

Good Luck.

Sejoon

former_member189631
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Bharthwaj said,

I suggest you to use Webdynpro RFC Model,

• Create a Adaptive RFC model

• If standard BAPI's or RFC Function modules are not available to meet your requirement create BAPI/RFC enabled FM in R/3 side.

Regards,

<b>Ramganesan K</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Omigod ! Are you going to reuse those xyz packages in some other apps also..? Do you want it to be available for development over all kinds of application platforms...

Do you want it as a service ?

If the answers are no , it would make absolutely no sense to use XI, webservice.. etc for the same..

By the by, I assume they are RFC function modules at present.. If so , u dont need XI .. but can create webservice directly in R/3..

As for the look and feel, you have two options.. use FPM.. which i would not advice.. as its kinda time consuming..

Use normal Adaptive RFC model and create WD apps... Jus adding a roadmap to your applications.. make it look almost similar to standard ESS apps..

Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bharath,

I think i have not made it clear in my query. Actually the xyz package is a third party and is not related to SAP at all. In such a case how is it possible to create model application based on RFC.

Awaiting replies.

Thanks & Regards,

Kavitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You still have not told what the third party appplication is based on :)..

It depends... If it has a UI, it s better to tweak that..

If it does not have UI or changing it is difficult... u have to use it as a webservice model..(assuming.. it not a ejb.. or a bean.. )

If a webservice can be developed as such.. use it.. If the interface structure do not match.. or if XI has standard adapters available for ur app.. use XI..

XI.. would add another layer.. in an already n layered app.. !

Regards

Bharathwaj,.

Message was edited by:

Bharathwaj