Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding the Charts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anybody guide me in getting this.

When i took EventHorizon Chart,

i am getting a rectangle kind-of shape under the x and y axis.But in the help portal it is shown some barcode(vertical trips kind of image).And when i am selecting more than 2 or 3 tagqueries those are not reflected in the image.One rectangle with a certain colour is shown.So Can anybody solve this issue

And Can anybody tell in what scenarios we have to go for

1)Area Chart

2)EventHorizonChart

3)VariabilityChart

Thanks in Advance

Satish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

What you said is correct.By right-clicking only CylTemp1 value is showing(but i have taken CylTemp2 also).Whatever the order( i have mapped Cyltemp2 first in Value Columns,then Cyltemp1).But i am getting only CylTemp1 in the chart.

Thanks in Advance

Satish

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Satish,

Unless you forgot to clear the Java Console cache in the browser (Tools...Sun Java Console...press the X key) after changing your display template, I would simply recommend using just one tag at a time - especially if you are using Simulator and having the same timestamp values for both tags. Since you will never be able to see them together at the same time because of the overlap, just show them one at a time.

Regards,

Jeremy

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the answers.Now i understood.

Thanks

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

Everything is working fine.But if i am selecting 2 tag queries, only 1 tag query is shown in the chart.

Thanks in Advance

Satish

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you right-click on the chart and select data details you will probably see that the tag values share a common timestamp so the chart is probably overlaying the pen colors. Try changing the order of your ValueColumns or only showing one tag at a time.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

It's like i am taking the Row-Count as 2.I am selecting 2 tag queries.I have mapped the two tags in Value-Columns,and DateTime in Label Columns.I have taken HistoryEvent mode.I am getting many strips.So is my solution right?So can we know how many strips we will get beforehand and can i know what does each strip indicate?

Thanks in Advance

Satish

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are using HistoryEvent with the Simulator you will get a lot more records than normal (History and HistoryEvent mode work essentially the same in Simulator), and there is no way in advance to know how many 'Event' records will be returned and a single pixel vertical line will be drawn for each record in the results. If you disable UseScreenResolution in the Display Template and then set your RowCount in the query template (default is 60) to a reasonable number you should be able to control the number of strips in the chart - this will help you see the data better but is only effective for the native behavior of the Simulator.

Since HistoryEvent is a time based query you should see the StartDate/EndDate buttons in the time refresh control bar. As a result, each strip will be drawn at the corresponding event time in the overall X-Axis, meaning that if you have an EventHorizon chart from 8:00 to 9:00 and a record value with a DateTime of 8:30, it should be exactly in the middle.

Regards,

Jeremy Good

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are feeding the EventHorizon chart with a TagQuery in History mode it is being provided with one record for every pixel in the chart (because UseScreenResolution is enabled in the display template). By having a vertical line representing a time based datapoint in every pixel between the real transitions from one event type to another you will effectively get rectangles instead of single vertical lines. HistoryEvent mode would show you the actual event occurrences.

If you use more than one tag you will get the same timestamp for each one and the colors are probably on top of each other and that might be why you are not seeing more than just one tag.

Remember that when trying to teach yourself xMII, that even though Simulator is readily available, tag query results are not always the best source of information for every applet and applet type.

Best Regards,

Jeremy Good