cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing gen_wdp/..../wdp/*.java files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have problems with Developer Studio. Sometimes when I develop a Web Dynpro application, files form gen_wdp/packages/(package_path)/wdp just disappear. These files are interfaces related to my currently edited view ().

When it happens I have no other option to start the view from scratch or from recent backup (or maybe I can do something else?). It look like a bug in IDE, I tink that it is probably related to some operations on context tree. What can be the reason of these problems? What can I do to avoid them in future? Maybe there is a path that corrects that behavior? Thanks for any help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael.

This is a problem with the Metadata changes. So when you get a error like this just undo the last change to the code that you did. It should remove all the errors. If you still have that error just do a Organize imports and then rebuild. That should give you a error free compilation.

Hope that helps.

regards

ravi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Everything under gen_wdp is generated from metadata, so you do not have to worry about backing up these files.

The reason for this behaviour mostly is corrupted metadata such that the code generation process cannot run through.

Corrupted metadata often may be repaired using the "Repair project structure and classpath" (or so) option in the project context menu.

You should also have a look into the "Tasks" view if there are any metadata errors.

Armin

andreasbeeker
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a similar problem. I migrated a WebDynPro-Project in a Development Component. When I rebuild the project, the generated sources under gen_wdp/... will be deleted and only a few (if any) of the original sources will be regenerated. When I delete the gen-files in the original project - they will be regenerated at the rebuild.

When I open any of the views successively I'll get more and more errors - because of the missing gen-files.

- The project has no links to other DC - it self-contained.

- In Preferences->Web Dynpro->Generation "Use of compiled templates" is on.

- Altough I've created the DC over the DTR, it's not connected.

- The first errors to appear after the rebuild are broken context mappings between view-tables and the view-context. If I try to replace the mappings in the context, they will be still grayed out and I can only map the value attributes, but not the value node.

- My Netweaver Eclipse version is 2.0.14 and all gen-files/folders are read/writeable.

Andi.

Message was edited by: Andreas Beeker

I had setup the development component with the WebAS 7.0 DCs. We switched back to 6.40, because of a customer request, and updated the IDE to SP16. Now it works again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there!

I have exactly the same problem as Andi.

After migrating the WebDynpro to an DC the gen Files are missing and I get more and more errors, lika Andi.

Now I tried using the NWDS7.0 and i get those errors in my local WebDynpro too...

I don't know which Version of the NWDS was used to create the WebDynpro. It wasn't created by me.

Can anyone help me?

The J2EE Engine is NW2004s with SP 7. Which NWDS should I use?

cheerz

Gerald

Message was edited by: Gerald Vogel

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

"reload+rebuild" usually solves problem with disappearing files from gen_wdp.

Regards, Maxim R.