cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Named search

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SDN Users,

we are using SRM-MDM Catalog. I read in an other forum thread that MDM doesn't contain this function yet, but SRM-MDM Catalog does. Is it correct? Have SRM-MDM Catalog functions, that MDM not? I couldn't find the table 'Named searches' in Console, but it is mentioned in the MDM doc. When in Data Manager's menu I click on 'Search/Save As Named Search', doesn't happen. How can I use 'Named search'?

Thanks,

Álmos

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Which version are you using? SP05 supports named search...

hope this helps,

ron

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi R.n,

as I wrote, we aren't using MDM, but we use SRM-MDM Catalog. As I know latest version of SRM-MDM Catalog is 1.0 Patch03. Am I right?

Best and regards,

álmos

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi álmos,

named search has been available since earlier versions of patch02.

have you unpacked and ran the registry file that came with the release note for SRM-MDM1.0P3? refer to the appendix section of note 1039970.

after updating the registry, you need to (within the console) create a new table of type 'named search'. the system will auto-name the table. so just add table > select table type > save > load repository.

hope this helps.

cheers,

foh

Former Member
0 Kudos

SRM-MDM Catalog and MDM as of now in the technical perpective is same but in SRM-MDM Caalog version you done have syndicator,syndication server etc.

SRM-MDM catalog is a sub set of MDM.

About Named Serach:

A named search is a static snapshot of the search selections that were in effect when the named search was created where the results set itself is determined dynamically when it is selected. Each record in the Named Searches table returns a subset of main table records. MDM supports an unlimited number of named searches.

Respond suitably,

Vijay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Foh, Vijay,

thanks for the helpful answers! I am going to try the mentioned steps.

regards,

Álmos

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I select the field to pick the type of table, 'named searches' isn't a possibility within the pull down selection. Is there something I'm missing?

Regards,

Ron

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem was with the patch level we were running. We down loaded the lastest patch and then we were able to see the Named Searches table from the registry settings.

R