Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem running web dynpro app as an iview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Has anyone encountered the following web dynpro problem in NW04 SP11:

When I run my deployed webdynpro application from the Web dynpro content administrator everything in my application seems to be working fine.

When I on the other hand run the same application as a webdynpro iview, certain features stop to work such as the button next to a date field that opens the calendar, or the dropdownlist button that should open up the drop downlist. Basically every field with some sort of button attached to it stops to work.

Is there anything that needs to be done to the iview, i.e. some property that need to be set before these features will work?

Regards,

Olof Tronnberg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olof

We are using SP11. But we are not facing that problem. Are you using a Custom theme or the standard theme. This problem that you are saying could occur because of custom Themes. There is a note for that.

OSS Note : 779659

Changing Theme disables Drop-Down-By-Index

Well i dont know if that helps you. Let me know what is the version of EP too. Is EP and Webdynpro on SP11.

regards

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

That oss note was very helpful. We´re using nw04 stack 11 patch 3 with a custom theme.

I did the following changes in Visual Administrator:

VA (Visual Administrator) --> Services --> Configuration Adapter --> webdynpro --> sap.com --> tcwddispwda --> Propertysheet.default

1. sap.useWebDynproStyleSheet: 'false'

2. sap.theme.default: http:///webdynpro/resources/sap.com/tcwddispwda/global/SSR/themes/sap_chrome

(I used a standard theme, since I have not yet found the URL of our custom theme).

Now the graphics look fine, but one problem still remains.

When clicking the "arrow-down" button of the dropdownlist it won't open up, it behaves just like a static inputfield, just showing the first value of the list content. When I use "arrow-up" and "arrow-down" buttons on my keybord it will scroll through the dropdown though, just showing one value at a time.

Another strange thing. The dropdown works when I use the webdynpro standard 'blue' theme which is used when I set the sap.useWebDynproStyleSheet = 'false', and leave sap.default.theme empty,

(or when I run the application from the WAS webdynpro content administrator in the portal).

Any ideas on this one would be greatly appreciated.

/Olof

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correction to my previous message:

sap.useWebDynproStyleSheet: was set to 'true' NOT 'false'

Answers (0)