cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can any body help me to create a meaningful repository in SAP MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am new to this area . I have read the RKT material provided for MDM 5.5 SP4 and have the software installed with me . I know how to create repositories but what I am looking at is some help where someone can provide me with some repository structure and corresponding excel files so that I can exactly replicate the scenario in my server and learn to import the data . I am looking for a scenario which involves some hierarchies/taxonomies and lookup tables . The excel files for such a repository structure would certainly help .

Can someone help me out with this ?

Thanks

Ravikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

Can anyone of you will send document to my mail id.

rohits_sap@yahoo.co.in

Thanks,

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

If you allow, this is what I would suggest -

1) First focus on the concepts. Understand how MDM goes beyond the traditional database concepts of master child relationship and uses concepts of Hierarchy Table, Taxonomy/Attributes tables, Qualified Lookups etc. RKT material exercises are good enough for quick ramp-up on these concepts. Once you have got the concepts, you will be able to easily create a XLS file yourself. Also the fun is not in importing an XLS file that has been created specifically for import into MDM. Any logical data structure in xls should be importable into MDM by using the functionality of MDM Import Manager

2) In the RKT material you should find an exercise called Case Study. I am emailing a Spreadsheet that created to use with this exercise. It is basically a Products Main Table, with Manufacturers coming from a Hierarchy Look table and Categories and Attributes table to store product classifications.

Let me know if this was helpful.

Vinay

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can u brief what is that RKT Material on MDM 5.5 SP4. May be i will be help to you.

regards

hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got the information exactly what i want

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Thanks for reply. Really i got the exact information what i am looking for.

If u have can u send me any documents regarding joining& importing qualified lookup in import manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

You can use the system setup guide available at MDM Documentation Center.

Its very useful for a beginner.

https://websmp201n.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700004121872006E.HTM

Arvind

Pls reward useful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi/Ravi D/ Daniel,

I have sent you the documents to your email ids

Regards

Rehman

Mark Useful Answers

Former Member