cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Barcodes supported better in Adobe solution than Smartforms/SapScript

kimmo_sirpoma
Participant
0 Kudos

With SAPScript and SmartForms, it was not possible to print barcodes from SAP on Hewlett Packard ( HP ) printers without having a DIMM module installed on the printer itself. See OSS note 5196.

I hope that in Adobe solution, the barcode support is no longer dependent on SAP's device settings but Adobe supports barcodes on HP natively? Any experiences?

Is there a list of supported barcode types available?

br: Kimmo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kimmo,

These notes -> <a href="https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/form/handler?_APP=01100107900000000342&_EVENT=REDIR&_NNUM=1035749&_NLANG=E">1035749</a> ,<a href="https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/form/handler?_APP=01100107900000000342&_EVENT=REDIR&_NNUM=995199&_NLANG=E">995199</a>, may help you to understand them better in Adobe interactive Forms.

Hope this helps.

Rgds,

Anto.

kimmo_sirpoma
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Anto,

Your advice was not quite what I was looking for. But gave you 2 points however for general interest. You see, I want be sure, that printing barcodes from Adobe on HP printers is natively supported. It was not the case with SapScript and SmartForms. Your advice was basically concerning how to have barcodes in Adobe forms. You see, in SapScript and Smartforms you could not be sure on What-You-Get-Printed because some features like barcodes and certain fonts were device dependent.

If you personnally have an HP printer (which model?) near to you, could you please make a sample Adobe form having a barcode and print it on that HP printer of yours. Then for your interest you can make the same test from SapScript and SmartForm and you'll notice what I have meant. I'll grant you with maximum points if perform those tests.

I currently not have Adobe designer installed, so I am not able to verify from the tool itself which barcodes are supported in Adobe. Therefore I was hoping somebody would provide me a list of supported barcode types (like C128 was supported according to those OSS notes you provided). And can you adjust barcode hight and data display (the text that you can see below the barcode)?

Any SAP Adobe staff member like Markus Meisl could easily answer this question.

br: Kimmo

Answers (0)