cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep Values in Message Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

maybe someone can help me. I want to know if there is the possibility to keep values in the target message during a message mapping.

So for example if the source message has an empty field but the target message has a default value for that field, is it possible to have the default value in the target message?

The whole problem: I have two messages of the same type and structure (first not fully filled but with new data, second fully filled but with old data) and want to merge them to have all new data and the empty fields of the first message filled with the old data. But mapping one message on the other just erases all data from the target message. So I'm looking for a way to get around a multi mapping where I have to insert an "If" in every field-mapping (more than 1000 fields).

Is there another possibility?

Best regards

Robert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

<i>So for example if the source message has an empty field but the target message has a default value for that field, is it possible to have the default value in the target message?</i>

Use MapwithDefault function

Regards

Chilla

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member214364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

To achieve your scenario you need to use BPM. its not possible without BPM.

in BPM,the process has to wait for those 2 messages.

i haven't tried this scenario,but i am sure its possible using BPM.

Cheers,

Jag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure I use a BPM for that. But the message mapping inside the BPM is the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mh, ok my fault. Forget about the default value. It was badly explained by me.

With default I meant dynamically set by me in a mapping before.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>So for example if the source message has an empty field but the target message has a default value for that field, is it possible to have the default value in the target message?

You have a standard function for this <b>mapWithDefault</b> for this purpose. Try this and let us know.

Regards,

Jai Shankar