cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registering and Deregistering the Queues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can any body please suggest me "what is meant by registering and deregistering the queues.

Thanks in advance,

Kulwant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kulwat,

1. If you use the Business Process Engine (BPE), first refer to SAP Note 893218.

2. Stop the message flow from your sending systems where possible. If the sending system uses proxies, you can follow steps 2 to 4 to stop the message flow.

3. Deregister the queues of your XI system by calling the transaction Integration Engine – Administration (SXMB_ADM) and choosing Manage Queues. Select Deregister Queues and choose Execute action.

4. Monitor the remaining entries in the queues by calling the qRFC Monitor Inbound Queue (transaction SMQ2) until no more queues are listed.

5. Check the tRFC entries by calling the transaction Transactional RFC (SM58) until the list is empty.

a. Advantage of stopping

i. No errors occur during the downtime of the Integration Server. However, the sending systems will not be able to address the Adapter Engine and no files will be polled from the file system.

b. Advantage of not stopping

i. All messages with quality of service EO (Exactly Once) and EOIO (Exactly Once in Order) that enter the non-central Adapter Engine are persisted during the downtime of the Integration Server. However, they have to be manually restarted afterwards.

Regards,

Vishal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member335553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

check through these

/people/prasadbabu.nemalikanti3/blog/2006/02/13/configuration-of-a-central-integration-server

/people/sap.india5/blog/2006/01/03/xi-asynchronous-message-processing-understanding-xi-queues-part-i

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/96/8412417301ee6fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm