cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using select event for interlayer navigation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have two tables. The output of first table is input for the second one. When I select a row in the first table,the SELECT event is fired and the second table is populated based on the selection.

Now I have a scenario where the two tables are on separate layers. My requirement is that, the secondlayer should be brought in when the SELECT event is fired. I don't want to use a button to trigger a navigation event. I try naming the navigation event as SELECT but it didn't work.

please help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193545
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

In a UI sense this is not desirable because, the first row in a table is always setected when it loads so that means the next layer would be displayed, also a user could not navigate through the rows, because the layer would change all the time. It is best to use a button for the transition.

Did you try using *select?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jarrod,

Yes your view i sright. But i had mistakingly mentioned a table. Its Bar chart actually. When a bar is clicked, second layer should appear with the detail table ouput.

Though the table is filled with the click but the navigation is not happeneing. Do you have any idea abouit it ?

I have used *select also but to no avail

Answers (0)