cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity of Java and SAP using JCO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using the example5 given along with the JCO package I was able to connect to Java from SAP. Can I use the same server for bi directional data transfer . That is I want to use the same server to recieve data from SAP and also I should be able to Send data to SAP from Java using the same server.

Regards ,

Nagaraju Donikena.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nagaraju,

Yes, this is possible. If you need examples on how to do that, please have a look at <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/35/42e13d82fcfb34e10000000a114084/frameset.htm">this</a> document and the links from there.

Hope that helps!

Vladimir

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the same server for data sending and receiving.

You can also go through the following link for knowing more about JCO.

http://www.persistent.co.in/resource_center/
white_papers/Java_SAP_Integration.pdf

Thanks

Ritushree

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, Nagaraju,

Do you have any docs for JCO?

Best regards,

Blake Le

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Blake Le,

I think if you download JCO you will get all relevant Information to get started with. If it's not enough, search in SDN and I'm sure you'll find an answer.

Regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even i tried connecting to SAP from Java IDE using JCo. but i am getting an exception that middleware is not loaded. when i connect SAP through XI, it's able to make successful connection but rest of the java logic doesnt work. Actually, due to slow server and lengthy procedure adhered with developing code in XI, i tried to test my java program in external IDE.

Can somebody guide me how to rectify the middleware exception?

Thanks,

Nitin.

SidBhattacharya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You need to make sure that you have the JCO setup correctly on your local machine (where ever you have your ide installed). The JCO jars should be available in the classpath and the dlls registered.

former_member10920
Discoverer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.