cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

accessing ecc5 through browser of my home pc

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all good morning

i have a requirement of accessing my office ecc5 through browser of my home pc.

can any body tell me how can i do it?

akhil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.) you should be able to log on to your office network (VPN...)

2.) you have to configure web gui (configure ITS)

If you don't want to connect office network .. the server shuld have static IP (same as website hosting)

Regards

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

ya - we are discussing all the infrastructure of network.

but i think he is asking about the use of enterprisze portal (netweaver ep) .

i also feel he likes to know using sap , i think he wants to have access to sap without vpn and public ip stuff.

thanks

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. VPN and ITS stuffs are the only way to access a private network from Public network like internet. No corporate will give access to its private network without VPN or anyother means of secured access tools.

SAP portals cannot be accessed like a normal www sites.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akhil,

You could do it if you have a citrix server in your office. The citrix server is available publicly so you can access it outside the network also.

You simply have to get a login id created for you on this citrix server. Thereafter you can access your SAP through this Citrix server by taking access of the SAP Logon pad for you by the basis team. You also have to install Citrix client on your PC for it.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akhil,

There is one scenario through whiich this can be done.Ask your basis team to move the server to the DMZ zone if there is one and run Internet Transaction Server over HTTPS protocol other than HTTP protocol which is a secured protocol and then ask the IT team to make this URL available publicly i.e. through internet.

This can not be done without the co-ordination of the IT team.

Best Regards

Amit

former_member190272
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can do this via VPN.

Thanks

Pankaj Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi akhil,

I don` think it will be that easy like accessing a web site.

If your company is much keen on security then I am sure that you have to use a VPN tool to connect to your corporate network and then access your SAP portal.

This has to be done with network team.

Steps to connect private network from public network,

1. If you have network team, enquire with them about your need and they might open a secure port for VPN connectivity.

2. Your network team should suggest a VPN tool to connect from public network like internet.

3. Install the VPN client in your home PC and configure the server IP address and port details.

4. Connect to internet, Dial the VPN client.

5. Once your VPN gets successfully connected to your corporate network then you are free to access your SAP portal or site.

regards,

Vinodh.