cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using XSLT mapping to avoid File content conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can we avoid FCC by using XSLT mapping? I have a scenario in which I have to avoid FCC in the adapter and save the file in a excel/csv format. I have been through the different blogs and forums in SDN.

I have been through Michal Krawczyk's Blog https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2803. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Got a bit confused whether that blog serves my purpose. Expecting your valid inputs.

Thanks and regards,

Harikumar. S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

This is not a project based scenario, but this is a R&D to be done for a project start up. It is basically to take the file (sender side ) and save the file (receiver side) without using FCC in the adapters. There will be mapping of the source and target structures. This has to be created in the Sandbox. I've not tried XSLT mapping. So I referred all the blogs/forums in SDN to get an idea.

Thanks,

Harikumar. S

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to avoid FCC at sender side, use message protocol as FIle, this will take your file (even binary) to IS. But this will fail if you have a graphical mapping since the structures wont comply. As a work around for this, you can use any other mapping JAVA/ABAP/XSLT. And again in the receiver use File protocol. This should serve your requirement.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are multiple ways in which you can avoid Content Conversion in the Sender / Receiver File adapters.

I think there was a heated discussion already regarding this in one of your earlier threads,

Basically, if you want to avoid content conversion on the sender file adapter,

1. Write an Adapter Module. or,

2. Use a Java Mapping.

If you want to avoid content conversion on the receiver File adapter,

1,. Use a Adapter Modules or,

2. Use Java Or XSLTmapping ( XSLT can be used if the input to the mapping is XML and output needs to be say a Excel File etc).

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavesh and Jai, for your kind replies.

Thanks a lot,

Harikumar. S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi-

Where do you want to avoid FCC in sender or receiver adapter.Can you brief about your scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you elaborate your requirement a bit more? What is the source file format and what is the target.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is this for a sender file adapter ir for a receievr file adapter?

If for a sender file adapter , Michal's blog will not help.

The blog by Michal is used to convert XML into Excel file format in the mappping in the receiver file adapter. Use this for Receiver File adapters.

If you want to read a excel file in the sender file adapter then you might consider writing a module in the sender file adapter as shown in this blog,

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/07/04/read-excel-instead-of-xml-through-fileadapter

Regards

Bhavesh