cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to MS SQL 2000 server from xMII 12.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to connect to an MS SQL 2000 server from xMII 12.0. In order to connect to xMII, I read that i need to deploy JDBC driver jar files. I tried to upload them(msbase.jar, mssqlserver.jar and msutil.jar.) from System Management ->JDBC Drivers but they do not get listed under JDBC drivers. What should be done to establish connection with SQL Server ?

Regards,

Srinath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

erik_schrampf
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Srinath,

I am not sure why those drivers are not able to upload to your system. I suggest you try the driver that comes with xMII 11.5 for SQL 2000. I have done this on my 12.0 system and it uploads just fine. It is located on your 11.5 server at <Drive>:\ServletExec\<InstanceName>\webapps\default\Lighthammer\WEB-INF\lib, it is the Una2000.jar.

What version including build of 12.0 do you have and is there a website where I can download these drivers and try for myself and see if I encounter any problems.

Regards,

Erik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erik,

I also tried uploading the Una2000.jar but nothing is being displayed in the list of JDBC drivers. I downloaded the MS SQL 2000 server jar from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=86212D54-8488-481D-B46B-AF29BB18E1E5&displa...

Regards,

Srinath

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don't know, if you already solved that Problem. But I had the same problem yesterday.

In my case it was really so, that it was an authorization problem. I changed the permissions on c:\windows\temp to "full access" for the user group "everyone" and now it works without further problems.

Greetings

erik_schrampf
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Srinath,

Usually when this problem occurs it is because the user that you are logging onto the xMII server with does not have permissions to the Temp directory. Try adding everyone to this directory and giving it full control as a test which should allow all users. If this works then try your specific user with full control. The reason is when you click the upload button it stores the driver tempoarily in the Temp directory and then xMII will pull the file from the Temp directory.

Thanks,

Erik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erik,

The user has full control to the Temp directory. In spite of this, nothing gets displayed in the list of JDBC Drivers. Please suggest some solutions.

Regards,

Srinath

erik_schrampf
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Srinath,

Did you try adding the everyone role as well with full control?

Erik

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srinath,

Have you considered looking in the NetWeaver logs for insightful error messages that might point to the problem?

Best Regards,

Jeremy Good