cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between zero and blank values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way for the system to determine the difference between zero and blank values. One can have a zero allowed for the 0 value to actualy be there in the KF but is there a way that a macro can be written by which we can use the differentiation between the zero ( a value) and blank (no value) in the KF

I have tried to look for an explanation on the service.sap.com and sdn but was not able to find anything.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to the Key Figure settings mentioned in my first post you can use

IS_INITIAL()

check the syntax of the macro function

IS_INITIAL( Key Figure ) where Key Figure: Row, column, or cell element (data source = row attributes)

Description

The IS_INITIAL function returns the value 1 if the cell is initial. (The column results from the current step iteration; the row is determined by the Key Figure parameter.)

Apply this function for key figures that can distinguish between zero values and initial values. This function is not available if the compatibility mode is activated for the macro book

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry ... ignore the previous reply of mine... did not read the Question properly.

you want just the Macro to differentiate between zero and blanks isnt it?

Let me have a look

Can you tell me how will YOU know what is blank and what is zero visually?? Will your planners or some macro enter or calculate it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The user is going to key in the 0 for the zero allowed key figure. The logic for the macro is

if KF=blank

execute (1)

else

even if KF=zero use that value for executing (2)

end

so basically we have to use the blank values and the zero values in the macro for the same key figure

Thanks in advance

Message was edited by:

APO APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has harish replied, if you are in SCM5 then you can set this in Planning area config and see zeros in planning book. Then you can use macro function check values. Other versions(<4.1) doesnot differentiate zero and blank and initial values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply,

I have already made the zero allowed arrangement for that in the planning area and can see the 0 values in the planning book but I am not being able to make the macro get the results.

I am still struggling with it because it has been giving me a short dump. It would be real beneficial if u can tell me what is the check value function of the macro, then i can try it out and see if that is working, the more elaborate the better, I understand this might take time but it would be beneficial.

This is a little urgent

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Execute the IS_INITIAL() into an auxillary row

If the KF was blank you will get a 1

If KF was entered Zero you will get a 0

Now use this in your macro logic as

If KF=0

and

Auxilliary KF = 0

then execute (2)

If KF= 0

and

Auxilliary KF = 1

then execute 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a follow up question: Can we visually distinguish b/w a zero vs a blank value? I changed the config of the key figure in the planning area to distinguish b/w them. However, if I enter the value "0" and hit "Enter", the cell becomes blank again. I would expect the "0" remained in the cell. Does this have anything to do with the compatibility mode being activated?

Former Member
0 Kudos

you are right. I dont think you can get a visual 0 as opposed to a blank but am not sure if the compatibity mode has anything to do with this (I think it has to do with the fixing)

Could not find anything in the release notes that says there would be a visual distinction between 0 and blanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. You mentioned something about the "fixing" setting that could make the "0" displayed in the planning book. Could you elaborate?

Also, in the post from user "APO APO" on 5/8, the author seemed to indicate they could see the "0" in the planning book, as quoted below:

"I have already made the zero allowed arrangement for that in the planning area and can see the 0 values in the planning book but I am not being able to make the macro get the results."

I just want to find out if there is any way the user can visually distinguish b/w the "0" and blank values. If not, it'll be very confusing to the users. I understand the macros can distinguish b/w them.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We just found out this was a GUI issue. With the new GUI binaries, we were able to visually distinguish b/w "0" and Blank values in the planning books. Please refer to OSS note 889989 if you are interested in this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are on version 5 you can set this in the planning area admin for the KF. There is a checkbox for "Differentiate Zero and Blank Values"