cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer SC to SRM trigger Workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the transferring of SC to SRM is working fine thus can be seen in the sourcing cockpit. Is there a way to have this SC in SRM but for approval after running BBP_EXTREQ_TRANSFER?

Thanks!

Cindy Sy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cindy,

SC transferred to SRM count as already approved using the standard PDP

scenario. Changing the coding there is a mess.

Why do you want to let the SC go again thru approval in SRM? The Reqs

coming from R/3 went thru approval there and are ready for sourcing?

Thanks,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

The client requires carrying out approval and sourcing in SRM. All these will be removed from R/3.

Cindy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cindy,

I assume you are implementing extended classic scenario. Your client's requirements are very common, most clients uses the R/3 Purchase requisition workflow for approval. Once approved, the report will transfer the "purchasing request" to SRM for sourcing. Of course, an extra level of SRM PO approval process can be enforced in SRM.

In extended classic scenario, a SC in SRM is really only a "shell" document, there are limited information for any approvers to make the right approval decision. One thing to remember is that a SC is only a request from a purchaser to buy something, the sourcing cockpit helps selects the best vendor @ the best price etc..and the final purchase order document is what really need the approval.

It doesn't make sense to add an approval step before the sourcing cockpit as the prices / vendor / delivery date etc..are not determined? If they want the SC to be the initial / starting point of a purchasing document, may be they should consider classic scenario?

Regards,

Louie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cindy,

I am not sure understanding your scenario landscape in combination with workflow:

- When SRM serves as the central sourcing application, all Reqs / SCs should go

for Sourcing into SRM. This would also imply that all SCs are mainly created in

SRM. Approvals for these Reqs are done in SRM.

Reqs from ECC are moved from planned scenarios, where a SOS is missing. For

these a Req Approval is normally not needed from a business perspective. A PO

approval is the critical element, which can be accomplished in SRM.

- When ECC is used for central sourcing (talking ME57!), the ECC Reqs are

approved in ECC as well SRM SC are approved in SRM. SRM then serves as the

Sourcing Application to find a new SOS via Bidding / Auction and Contract.

It is not nesessarily a decision on the SRM scenario (classic / ext. classic), but

dependes, if you are able to divide the processes between the two from a business

perspective.

Thanks,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Claudia,

if you find your solution I interset because I have a same problem.A purchase rqe has been sent by R/3 to SRM and after I don't like to approve automatically a shopping cart created by external requirement.

SAP standard creating automatically a PO and approved.This solution don't interset me.How implemented this solution for start workflow ?

Thanks

Message was edited by:

Mady NDOYE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mady,

the option possible is to remove the flag for sourcing in the transfered SC

via BADI, Then the SC will not go into the Sourcing Cockpit, but thru approval

process following the implemented rules in SRM.

Thanks,

Clauda

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Claudia,

what is badi for put a flag ? shopping cart badi ? and I execute my program

in R/3 but how see purchase req has been integrate correctly ?

I have a message error "SAPLBBP_ATTR_PDORG" "OBJECT_ID_NOT_FOUND"

Message was edited by:

Mady NDOYE

Message was edited by:

Mady NDOYE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please help for my problem if you have any ideas ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cindy,

You can do this via the BADI for Shopping cart BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI. Simply clear ls_header-subtype. This should route the requisitions from your backend to the same approval flow as that of shopping carts.

Regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try using the Std workflows for SC approval.

For more info ,refer the foll link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm40/helpdata/en/5a/af5eff85d011d2b42d006094b92d37/content.htm

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

The std workflows are already working.

The problem here is that SHC is created in R/3 thus will be available in SRM by running the report I mentioned.

And as standard, this triggers the SHC to be made available already in sourcing with SHC as approved.

The requirement is that the SHC in SRM, should be available for approval and not yet in sourcing cockpit.