cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roadmap with Select-options problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am working on a RoadMap based WDA application, in which I am stuck at one point and am in need of some help very badly. My RoadMap consists of three steps (call them STP_CRITERIA, STP_SEARCH and STP_RESULT) and includes the option for 'PREVIOUS' and 'NEXT' command buttons for the entire RoadMap. In my first view (i.e., STP_CRITERIA) I present the user with Radio Buttons based options. This Radio Option is of type RadioButtonGroupByIndex and the texts for these are mapped from the main WD ComponentController. The structure for this Radio Group defined in ComponentController is as follows:

Node Name: RADIO_GROUP (Cardinality: 1..n, Selection: 0..1, Supply Function: SUPPLY_RADIO_GROUP)

Attribute: KEY (Type: STRING)

Attribute: VALUE (Type: STRING)

I set the values for these Radio Options through a Supply Function(SUPPLY_RADIO_GROUP) in Component Controller. Also, I haven't set any action for the 'onSelect' event of RadioButtonGroup as I wanted the user to manually click on 'Next' button to get into next step of RoadMap.

Now, in my second view(i.e., STP_SEARCH) I need to display some select-Options fields based on the criteria user selected in earlier step(i.e., STP_CRITERIA). For this, I mapped RADIO_GROUP Node from Component Controller to STP_SEARCH view, so I could find out the key that was selected by the user. This is the point from where my problem arises, here in this view if I try to get the 'KEY' value from WDDOINIT method of STP_SEARCH then I get the value which would be right for the first instance, but if the user goes back to STP_CRITERIA by clicking on the 'Previous' button and then comes back then the 'KEY' value doesn't get this update and the value still remains the same old. The reason for this is because the View isn't loaded entirely again and so I removed the code from WDDOINIT to WDDOMODIFYVIEW method in which I get the update 'KEY' value every time I do back and forth between the STP_CRITERIA and STP_SEARCH views within Roadmap.

Next, I want to add Select-Options into STP_SEARCH view and I don't know the reason why but the Select-Option won't work if I code it in WDDOMODIFYVIEW method. It works well only in WDDOINIT method and my problem is within this method I don't have the access to 'KEY'. How can I make this work? Is there any way I could force the STP_SEARCH view to load completely(i.e., with WDDOINIT method execution) every time user clicks on 'Next' button in STP_CRITERIA view? Or is there any way to make Select-Options work within WDDOMODIFYVIEW method?

I also tried to create Outbound and Inbound plugs for STP_SEARCH view and then based on the 'FIRST_TIME' variable in WDDOMODIFYVIEW tried to navigate within the same view, but unfortunately I can't do plug navigations within WDDOMODIFYVIEW method. How can I get this thing work? I would really appreciate for this help. Many Thanks.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

According to you mail, I will provide some solution please try them. It will definitely works.

---> Create a attribute which holds the lead selection values of the RADIO_GROUP.

---> When you click on the Next View, You will fire the plug. Right. Just before firing the Plug, update the above

attribute with update information.

-

> Do the same code for Select-options code in the WDDOINIT except the passing the values to the select-options.

-

> Please pass the attribute information to Select-options with updated information in the method WDDOMODIFYVIEW every time. Without creating a attribute also you can approach the same method. Just for simple access we can create a attribute. Otherwise without that we can do the same.

So Just populate the values into Select-options depending on the value of RADIO_GROUP you will do the same coding WDDOMODIFYVIEW. But initialization of SELECT-OPTIONS can be only done in the method WDDOINIT method only. WDDOINIT method only execute first time once you go through it and go back and move forward then this method won't execute.

I hope this logic will work for you. If not Please send me the Code related to SELECT-OPTIONS and RADIO_GROUP Button information.

I will be in office today up to 4.45 PM (IST). You can contact me in this time otherwise we will discuss on webex tomorrow morning at 9 AM.

Warm Regards,

Vijay

Answers (0)