cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Properties in alert configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In ALRTCATDEF the first tab is properties. where we have to answer the things like below.

Alert Definition: 1. Description 2. Classification 3. Priority 4. max no of Dels 5. Dynamic Test( what is dyamic test ??) 6. Expiry Time in min

Escalation(what is escalation): 1. Escalation Recipient 2. Tolerance Time(Min).

Could you please tell me what are they actually ??

thanks

kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In real time cases, it is necessary that the recipeient of the Alert has to confirm the alert.

Now , in most cases it is not necessary but business might demand that if the Opertations Support Team does not confirm the Alert in say 1 hour, the alerrt should be escaleted to another id.

To do this, under Esalation Recipeient you give the Recipient who has to receive this escaltion and in time you give the time for which confirmation has to be be waited for.

You need to schedule a report RSALERTPROC in order for escalation to work.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bavesh,

Thanks for your answer !! Could you please tell me what is no of Dels ?? And also if you know something about Dynamic test ??

thanks

kumar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Max No of dels --> from SAP help.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/96/f1033c128f4a7de10000000a114084/content.htm

<i> In the Max. No. of Dels field, specify a maximum number of times that an alert of this category is to be delivered if it is not confirmed.</i>

Dynamic text --> This is used in the case of Alerts with BPM. For BPM based alerts you need to select DynamicText and then give the text in your BPM.

regards

Bhavesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

<b>Dynamic Text</b>

--> Used in connection with system messages, where the text is known at runtime only and for alerts of external alert providers.

--> No translation can be maintained

<b>Escalation </b>can be considered as a default recepient

--> If provided, the alert will be escalated (to the recepient mentioned) after the tolerance time if none of the recipients confirms it.

--> The escalation recipient is informed that they are receiving thealert due to an escalation.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

have a look at the folowing

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/1b9259fb002be8e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

also search sdn for Michals blog on step by step alerts and u will find how to configure alerts

thanx

ahmad