cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid Edge-SAP integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. I am having cad files with names, like pump.par, 1234-PUMP.par. In Solid Edge-sap integration there is an option in which we can have the file name as document name when we create a dir. As document numbering is internal or external with only numerical, am I correct in saying for this in Document Type number assignment we would put 'external number range' with user exit and in User Exit design something with help of available Badi's (with some developers help) and then only file names could be passed to DIR names.

2. Also in solid edge-sap integration its written that for different versions of dir, the files below them should have the same name otherwise the links get lost, for example SEP-pump-000-01 has file name pump.par under it and also SEP-pump-000-02 has file name pump.par under it , but we make changes in design

Thanks,

Paddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_rhrl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Paddy,

1. the reason why you could use the document number for your CAD file names is, you create unique filenames.

i.e. if you have 2 pumps, the SolidEdge-Interface renames on in 1234.par an the other pump in 1244.par.

2. the SolidEdge interface requires a "version-free" filename:

If you load version 01 from SAP then it overwrites automatically the version 00 on your local dir.

If you have the version within your filenames, you have to change the links in each CAD file reffering to the version 00.

Stefan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Stefan,

Thanks a lot for your reply. The second answer is very useful. It's good to know files names in dir versions would be "version free" in SE-SAP integration.

You lost the first question. I want to use option, 'set DIR name as file name', so if lets say file name is abc.par, the DIR name would be 'abc'. My question is what number range should I define for the document type. I assume 'external number range with user exit' would be used to make this happen and development would be needed,. Am I correct.

Thanks,

Sachin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paddy,

Im not getting your problem...

Niranjan