cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Proxy Monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How do I ensure that my data is getting passed into the EJB through the JPR from messaging system. I'm not sure if my EJB is able to receive the data from messaging system. The registration is fine in the proxy server.

If my EJB is not receiving the data then what could have possibly gone wrong?

Thanks and Regards

Arvind

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use the following link to sort out lot of problems

[original link is broken]

Thanks & Regards

P.Mahesh Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Please see the below links

/people/rashmi.ramalingam2/blog/2005/06/25/an-illustration-of-java-server-proxy - Server Proxy

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/27/asynchronous-inbound-java-proxy - Inbound Java Proxy

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a068cf2f-0401-0010-2aa9-f5a...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f272165e-0401-0010-b4a1-e7e...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d06315a6-e66e-2910-039c-ba8bbbd2...

Testing and Debugging Java Mapping -/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/10/23/testing-and-debugging-java-mapping-in-developer-studio

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amol,

I'm getting all success messages in the adapter monitor and the moni but the proxy code is not returning any laue back. This is a synchronous scenario and for the response message the error reads as" CANNOT READ THE PAYLOAD".

I'm wondering if my data is first getting into java proxy and then if it is not then what could be the reason for that.

This getting tricky man . I don't know how to go about this.

Thanks

Arvind

Former Member
0 Kudos

can tell you a crude way to find out whats goin wrong...

Put <b>System.err.println()</b> statements in your proxy code....Note...not <b>System.out.println()</b> and once you execute your scenario, ask your basis team to get you the defaultTrace file of the J2EE engine...will surely give you the clues as in if control reached the proxy at all...or there was an error in the proxy somewhere...

you need to use System.err if do not want to alter J2EE engine settings...by default System.out is not redirected to the trace files/ standard out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amol,

I tried the same in my java proxy code and I don't see the control coming into my java proxy code. The strange thing is monitoring says that the message has been transferred successfuly. Now what can be possibly wrong if the data is not coming into proxy code. have you experienced this kind of problem before?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated as we are in a critical stage of of the project.

Thanks and Regards

Arvind

Former Member
0 Kudos

if the control does not come to your proxy then it is a problem with either your JPR setup altogether or if you are lucky enough then it would be only be an issue with the Java proxy registration.

I would suggest :

1. Get in touch with your Basis team and ask them if the JPR is configured correctly or not..

2. Check registration of the proxy...you can do so by going to the URL..

http://<XIHOST>:<PORT>/ProxyServer

you see the necessary commands with examples listed there...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amol,

I tested the java proxy code with a sample code and I was able to get the response back from proxy code. This indicates that the JPR is working fine and the registration is also done correctly. immediately after that when I try to get the values using the get method in the proxy code and test it, it throws an exception

com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: Exception in method onMessage .

I really odn't understand why this is happening. I think there is some problem in passing the values from XI to proxy code.

Do you have any idea what could have go wrong in this scenario/

Thanks for all your help man.

Arvind

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>I tested the java proxy code with a sample code and I was able to get the >>response back from proxy code. This indicates that the JPR is working fine and >>the registration is also done correctly.

if you are referring to a standalone client code from which you called the EJB method, then it does not necessarily mean that JPR is working fine and registration is correct. This is because if you called your proxy bean from the client code using standard EJB client type code, it has bypassed the JPR altogether....

>> I think there is some problem in passing the values from XI to proxy code.

that is where your successful JPR setup and a proper proxy registration comes into picture...would once again suggest you to check if these two are done as required as to the best of my knowledge there is no third point of failure in this case...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amol,

Registration seems to be correct.

Can you tel me how to check if the JPR setup is correct? Do you any pointers on that? I have checked it to the best of my knowledge.

Please send me the steps to check the JPR set up.

Thanks and Regards

Arvind

Former Member
0 Kudos

check SAP note #809420

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can monitor all this with a combination of monitoring in SXMB_MONI + system logs...SXMB_MONI will tell you the successful exit from pipeline...and if you can have your logs / traces written from the Java code of the proxy, then you can view them using Standalone log viewer and figure out whats going wrong..JPR adapter monitoring wont help much

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

Check the Adapter monitoring for any errors. Check the error. In most of the cases, it will be due to credentials used when calling/invoking the EJB. The audit log will provide you better details.