Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role Creation and Copying.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have 3 different queries.

1) In our landscape, we have CUA and a client system (X1). I need to create some dialog users in X1 with customized profile. In which system do I need to create customized roles so as I can create users in CUA and can assign them the customized roles?

2) When I trying to copy roles with option "copy all" in X1 system, as CUA is active in the landscape, I am getting an error saying "CUA is active, User is not copied". But on my left hand side of the screen I can see the action as Role Copied. I am trying to copy them using Copy Selectively and not selecting User assignments. Here my questions is why its saying users not copied first but still I can see Role copied..and what is the difference between user assignment and copy all in this scenario?

3) In some different situation, I am not able to use the customized roles for Dialog users. According to my limited knowledge, it is possible to customize the roles as per our company standards. But I am not able to use dialog users with customized roles?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Farooq.

1 REPLY 1

manohar_kappala2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) coming to the first question

The roles should always be maintained in your child system to which they belong.

But CUA controls the way the assignments are maintained, whether they are maintained globally or locally or everywhere.

You can see the details in SCUM Tcode.

In short maintain the roles in X1 and then text compare in CUA and then assign the the roles to users in CUA

2) You might be getting the error because the SCUM setting for role assignments are set to Global i.e they can be maintained only through CUA . But since the roles are created and maintained locally in ur child system the role is copied.

The copy all is for copying a role with all its characteristics including the user assignments but user assignment is adding this role to a user for giving some access rights which are packaged in this role

3)I am not clear as to what you meant by custom roles

If you referred to assignment of roles created specific to ur company then make sure you are trying to assign the roles in CUA and not directly in child system X1.

It might not be the problem of Dialog Users.

hope this helps