cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to give points and how to close a topic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can someone suggest me on how to give points to users who responded and how to close a topic after it is answered.

Thanks,

kranthi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kranthi,

Firstly, I highly appreciate your intent of rewarding the answers that have helped you. Keep it up.

Now, for each of the responses that you get, there will be a yellow star on the header for that reply. Just click that and you will be able reward points as you deem appropriate for that response.

Closing a topic means that you mark it as answered. this can happen in either of the two ways -

1. One of the answers yto your question has just told you the exact solution and solved your problem. In that case, you should reward 10 points to that answer.

2. In some cases, none of the answers to your questions may have solved your problem. And in the meanwhile you might have found the solution yourself, through some other means. In that case, you choose the option "Solved it on my own" in your initial post of the thread. In this case, it is recommended that you post the solution that you have used.

Either of the above two actions will mark the thread as answered and put a navy-blue star for the topic in the forum. Anyone who sees the topic will know that the question has been answered. Now this has two advantages -

1. People will stop trying to spend moe time on your problem because it is already resolved.

2. Anybody else who has a similar problem in the future will know that the same problem was faced by someone else in the past and has been solved successfully. So they save a lot of time, too.

Hope I have been clear enough. Please get back if you want further assistance on this one.

Regards,

Anand Mandalika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have seen on the ABAP Programming forum.

In that post, you will not find the yellow star beside each response that you have got. that is because you have not marked the topic as a question. when you make anew post, there will be a small checkbox which says "Mark this topic as a question". You should not uncheck this, unless you are generally trying to provide some information, which you think may be of interest to the rest of the folks in the forum. (For example, this post is correctly marked as a question!!)

Now, to to the first post in that thread, and edit it by clecking the pencil-like icon that you can see there. Now you will again be able to see the checkbox. Check this checkbox and post the message. Now you should be able to see the Yellow stars for the responses.

Regards,

Anand Mandalika.

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Everything is clearly explained in the FAQ:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/index.sdn?page=crp_help.htm

Eddy

Answers (0)