cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help on Enterprise Structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to map the following business structure in SAP. The business is run on Strategic Business Unit (SBU) concept. There are 3 SBUs: Steel, Paper and Chemicals. Each SBU has its own manufacturing plant. There are 2 distribution channels. There are 4 Regional Offices (Sales), and each regional office has 4 Branch Offices (Sales) under it. Each region has one warehouse for storing products and another warehouse for storing spares. Can I support this entire structure with only one sales organization? If yes, please tell me how I can do it. Or do I need to create 4 sales organizations (one for each region)?

Any helpful links or documentation is greatly appreciated.

My email id is: sap123student@gmail.com

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You need not create a seperate sales org for each region... i have no idea about how SBU's are structured.. I guess you need to create Sales org for each SBU instead of sales regions...

Regards,

Shashikanth

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check ur e-mail i have sent you one. Also regarding your question about one or many sales organsations. As far as possible you should maintain only one sales organsation since more the no of sales organsations you create, the more sales areas and hence you need to create the same no of customer master records. Hence to minimise this you need to create only one sales organsation.

Do check ur e-mail and let me know if that helps and reward me if possible.

Regards

Atul Keshav

Former Member
0 Kudos

1 Sales Organization

2 Distribution Channel

4 Division (Each SBU & spares (<i>if spares belong to specific SBU, then 3 Division</i>) as Division) or 1 Division (SBU can be identified through other fields like Customer Group on sales Tab in sales area data. <b>Advantage</b>: This will reduce configuration & master data volume)

4 Plants (3 SBU's & 1 Warehouse)

Storage location as per requirement

4 Sales Office (4 Regional Offices (Sales))

16 Sales Group (each regional office has 4 Branch Offices (Sales))

4 shipping points (1 may suffice if Plants are in same location)

Try to keep Organization Structure as simple as possible, so as to avoid huge configuration & master data.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for your response. I have no issues with plants, divisions and distribution channels. But, how can I use a sales group to represent a branch office (sales)? Can you please explain how I can do it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

you may require to assign sales Office to Regiuonal office. It is possible to assign sales group to sales office, as regional office will have sales offices reporting to them.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward points if helpful. It also gets you a point.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

How do I assign a branch sales office to a regional sales office? There is no such assignment in SAP that I can see. This is, assuming that both regional sales offices and branch sales offices are defined as 'sales offices' in SAP.

On the othe hand, if I define 16 sales groups (assuming these sales groups perform the role of branch sales offices as you have suggested), and assign them to the 4 regional sales offices ( this assignment is possible in SAP), there would be a problem of branch sales offices not having any address. Sales groups in SAP do not have addresses. Can you please throw more light on this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

one sales org, two distribution channels and 4 divisions (SBU's)... no regional office as sales org..

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sap123 student,

You can map the enterprise structure like this:

3 - sales orgs each representing the SBU

2 - Distribution channels

3 - Divisons each representing the Type of business like stell, paper & chemiclas.

Different sales areas as per requirements

8 - sales offices assigned to Sales areas (including the Branch Offices)

4 - Plants for each SBU.

Warehouses can be assigned to Plant as per requirements/

Hope this will be fine. This would be my suggestions. Hope seniros in the forum would be able to provide better suggestions on Enterprise Structure.

Reward if it helps

regards

Srini