cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i know whether my adapter module is working or not?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have written one Adapter Module and i have given that module in Communcation Channel.

1.How do i know whether my module is working or not.

2.How do i atleast my adpater module is calling or not?

Please help me its very urgent

Best Regards

Ravi Shankar B

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi Shankar,

Since u had written the module, u must have deployed the module on the adapter engine. Now follow this procedure:

1. Set the breakpoint on the "process" method of ur java code.

2. Put ur code into Debugging mode.

3. Place the file again and try running ur scenario

If the executuin stops at the method "process", then this means that ur module is getting called and there is some error in ur code.

If the execution is not stopped there, then that means ur module is not visible to XI adapter engine. So either it is not properly deployed or there is some problem while developing it.

Regards,

Prateek

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>2.How do i atleast my adpater module is calling or not?

if the adapter is written properly you can see logs

either in visual admin of in messaging system (or in both)

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How to see the messages. Can u please help me

Best Regards

Ravi Shankar B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Once when you deploy and use it, if you have any errors check in logs and traces in visual administrator.

Check this weblog for this:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/05/27/xi-netweaver-administrator--first-look--logs-traces

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/026c2b4c-0401-0010-b182-9a12812f...

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Now I have given localejbs/<JNDI-NAME> in module name of source communication channel. XI is picking the file from source directory but its not comming into destination directory. I have checked in RWD but its not showing any error there means its not showing anything there. How to check the error for that. I have tried in http://<host>:<port>/MessageMonitor but there also i am not getting any thing. How to check the error for this

Best Regards

Ravi shankar B

Former Member
0 Kudos

it might be the case that you have caught exeptions in your adapter module code and those are not propogated correctly...meaning it might be getting suppressed at the module code level...this wont report any error in RWB...any unhandled error will show up in RWB otherwise.