cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI Elements problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am creating a webdynpro that has tabstrips and inside, it also has inputfields, labels and other UI's elements...so the problem is that I don't know how to set the position of each element, I don't know the property that I have to change to do that. Can anybody help me?.

Thanks in advance.

Jesús Castillo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u r using Matrix Layout for the container

then u set the layoutdata property of elements in the conatiner either to MatrixData or MatrixheadData.

MatrixHeadData is used to bring the UI element to the next line and MatrixData will make the UI element to be in the same line.

If u use GridLayout for the container specify the colcount property according to ur requirement,set the width to 100% and set the width property of the elements inside the container according to the Lokk and Feel u desire.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U do have a view container Element within the tab strips u created. So in that paste all the UI elements and for this Root UI element depending on ur requirement u can create Transparent containers to group ur UI elements and then for those transparent containers u can set the Layout.. so depending on the no. of columns u want u can create by using gridlayout and any others also,

And it will be easy if u use Transparent containers where ever u want to group ur UI elements, once if u use those u'll be knowing the advantage of that.

Regards,

Sirisha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Put a container around the input fields, labels etc. (probably there already is one) and set a layout that serves your needs.

For form-like layouts, use the IWDMatrixLayout, which arranges UI elements in a grid. It provides predefined spacings that make a form look good without too much fiddling with layout properties. (Set the "strechedHorizontally" property to "false")

There is no Web Dynpro layout for absolute positioning.

Armin

Message was edited by: Armin Reichert