cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW Iview call from VC application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement where I need to call a BW report in VC application. I need to pass some information from the VC application and display a BW report. I have read about VC and BW web Template integration using portal eventing. But I do not want 2 separate iviews on the page.

I could think about two ways out.

1. Integrate the BW report as simple html form (url) in the VC application, pass the information at runtime and gerenate the url at runtime. The problem with this is since it is a url call, SSO does not work.

2. Integrate BW report as html form but instead of using url, I am using "pcd" location. So instead of http call in html form I am using pcd call. When I do this it gives me a java script error saying "EPCM" undefined. I have tried making pcd calls to other iviews of type KM navigation and url iview, both these are displayed without any error in the VC application.

Please suggest me anything I can do to solve the above problems. Also if there is any other way I can integrate BW report in the VC application(I want BW report itself and not BW data in VC application).

Regards,

Aamod.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Aamod.

BW and NetWeaver Portal are integrated, so you can easily use a BW query in a Visual Composer Application. Simply use the "Find Data" icon on the toolbar (not the BI Integration Wizard). From there, select the system definition for your SAP BW system. At that point, you can search or browse to the BW query you would like to use. Then, drag the query into your iView.

The easiest way to pass information from your VC app to the BW query is to use variables in your BW query. Then, in VC, drag out from the variables port on the query, and add an Input Form (or simply connect it to a form you already have). It can sometimes be a little tricky to tell exactly what value the BW query needs in order to run, but there are quite a few posts about that on here already.

From the output port of the query, you can use the data from the BW report in a table, graph, or form.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. But my problem was to call a BW report iview itself from the VC application and not use BW as a data service which you have explained.

I was able to find a work around for my problem.

Thanks anyways.

Aamod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is an example I already used; the call is performed through the dynamic template url of the portal (can be found in the PCD in Portal Content -> Templates -> iView Templates)

http://<portal>:<port>/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.portal.appintegrator.sap.BWReport?System=SAP_BW&BWVersion='2.x/3.x'&Report=TEMPLATE_ID=ZTPLI_0CDM_C0_Q0001_01&FILTER_IOBJNM=BPARTNER&FILTERVALUE=2000

This calls a BW Report template named ZTPLI_... with filter on field BPARTNER having value 2000.

Note also that SAP_BW is the alias of my BW system (you need to replace it by yours). Take also a look to the dynamic template URL parameters (test it manually) in order to know more about parameters such as BWVersion.

You can use this as an URL view in your VC, and replace things like the template name, the filter and the filter value by parameters provided by VC.

Personnaly, I was issuing the report for a business partner selected earlier in my applications by providing following value to my URL view:

"http://<portal>:<Port>/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.portal.appintegrator.sap.BWReport?System=SAP_BW&BWVersion='2.x/3.x'&Report=TEMPLATE_ID=ZTPLI_0CDM_C0_Q0001_01&FILTER_IOBJNM=BPARTNER&FILTERVALUE="&@KUNAG

Rgds,

Karim