cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

very brief about SD process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts...

iam wrking as technical consultant..could please send me a document or link whick expalins very brief about SD process( i dont require pdf explain bout the full process). i need simple document which explains about SD process, masterdata,transactional data.

your help is rewarded.

regards

srini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SD Cycle:

Inquiry (VA11 / VA12 / Va13)

Quotation (VA21 / VA22 / VA23)

Sales Order (VA01 / VA02 / VA03)

Delivery & PGI (VL01N / VL02N / VL03N)

Billing (VF01 / VF02 / VF03)

Excise Invoice - Indian Scenario (J1IIN)

The Sales Cycle starts with Inquiry followed by Quotation. These 2 steps are optional & mostly kept outside SAP. Next Step is creation of Sales Order on receiving the confirmation by the customer for placing the Sales Order. Once Material is ready for Delivery, Delivery Document is created based on Sales Order. Delivery Consist of few steps like Picking & packing, which are optional (as per configuration), but delivery completes only adter Post Goods Issue (PGI) is done in the System. The impact of PGI is it reduces the valuation & quantity of stock. Next step is Billing / Invoicing followed by Excise Invoice in Indian manufacturing scenario.

SD-FI integration takes Place during PGI & Billing & an accounting document is generated.

SD-MM / PP integration is wrt availability of material for delivery.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

reward points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

A few links that might help you.

<a href="http://www.sap-basis-abap.com/sd/sap-sd-processing-flow.htm">Process</a>

<a href="http://www.sap-img.com/sap-sd.htm">sap img</a>

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/92/df293581dc1f79e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm">Sales & Distribution</a>

Regards

Pratheb Nadarajah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Master Data in SD is of 3 kinds

1 Organizational Master Data

2 Customer & Material Master Data

3. Document Master Data

Organizational master Comprises of enterprise structure I.e. Sales organization,Distribution Channel,Division,Sales Office and Sales Group

Customer master Is Information regarding Customers i.e. general ,sales and payment.We use T-Code VD01(SD) and XD01(centrally ) to create customer master data.

We use org mster data as source to create customer /material master data and sales process.

Material master information regarding products i.e. general,sales,accounting .costing,quality,Warehouse data

Document master data comprises of sales process

Key elements in sales process are: pre-sales support, inquiry processing, quotation processing, sales order processing, delivery processing, billing and sales information system.

Inquiry(VA11)>Quotation(VA21)>Sales Order(VA01) >Delivery(VL01N)> Billing (VF01)

To process Sales documents we require Organizational Master Data,Customer Master Data and Condition(Price,Discount,tax) Data.

Condition master data is the price for product/ discount per customer/products or tax or surcharge.

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SD Process Flow:

The sales documents you create are individual documents but they can also form part of a chain of inter-related documents. For example, you may record a customer’s telephone inquiry in the system. The customer next requests a quotation, which you then create by referring to the inquiry. The customer later places an order on the basis of the quotation and you create a sales order with reference to the quotation. You ship the goods and bill the customer. After delivery of the goods, the customer claims credit for some damaged goods and you create a free-of-charge delivery with reference to the sales order. The entire chain of documents – the inquiry, the quotation, the sales order, the delivery, the invoice, and the subsequent delivery free of charge – creates a document flow or history. The flow of data from one document into another reduces manual activity and makes problem resolution easier. Inquiry and quotation management in the Sales Information System help you to plan and control your sales.

Transaction Codes:

Inquiry - VA11/VA12/VA13

Quotation - VA21/VA22/VA23

Sales Order - VA01/VA02/VA03

Delivery - VL01N/VL02N/VL03N

Billing/Invoicing - VF01/VF02/VF03

Regards,

Ferry Lianto